Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimjams View Post
    A lot of useful information is being lost in SGs that are created from challenges because they are not properly searchable. I know that this was the point of moving team/crop chat out of the main boards but people seem to have misunderstood this and make social groups for every challenge/tool/class (Project Life, JYC, Bind-it-All, December Daily, Slice etc etc)
    Unless a SG is very well organised with separate threads for links, printables etc that are kept clear of chat, nobody will ever be able to find them unless they trawl through months of posts!
    These SGs also fail to make use of UKS's biggest resource - its enormous membership - there may be loads of technique help available for someone's crafting issue, but if they ask on their too-specific SG the audience and potential response is much, much smaller.

Just my 2p

Can I also please ask what the difference is between the SG categories "Crops" and "Crop and crop chat"
    There may not be a difference. I'll make it just one during the clean up.

And you hit the nail on the head. It would be best if the SGs get used for things that are only of interest to a small group - regular crops and teams are the IDEAL situation for an SG. But something big, like a class or a challenge, should go in GS or in I&C. If the info is hidden away, there will be a whole load of people who miss out on info and chat because they just don't know it's there! Also, while some people not LOVE the SGs many people can't come to grips with them and choose not to use them.

I don't want to compartmentalize things too much, we have plenty of forums and I like to think they are split up logically to make finding info easier, and to keep discussions on similar topics grouped, but before starting a group I would ask, again, that you consider if the discusion is one that should be hidden away because it is of such limited interest that it makes no sense to have it in the general forums, or if it may come to be of wider interest to the membership and if a thread wouldn't be a better choice.

I think things can even start out as threads and then once we see how the discussions develop, they could then move to an SG f it seems they are only appealing to a very small subset.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (26)
    Since a change in our team & name, I have left our old SG open as there is one thread full of techniques & handy links that I've been wanting to transfer by copy & pasting into our new SG but haven't got round to yet!

I'll post in the thread so the SG doesn't get deleted & let you have the link ASAP to delete it if i can't. Promise!
    My Blog - Witzend Tales

Dedicated Scrapper mad about cats's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (33)
    Deleted!

You can delete the Chocolate buttons team as no-one been on since 2010

http://www.ukscrappers.co.uk/boards/...ionid=29&pp=15

The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper! Dragonfly Jane's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (109)
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly jane View Post
    I started this group 'Pagan Friends'

http://www.ukscrappers.co.uk/boards/...hp?groupid=500

It's not that big or busy but people do go on it sporadically and I'd like to keep it going. It's is uncategorized though and I don't know how to put it into a category. I would assume it belongs in the community one.
    Re my above post it's ok now I've just figured out how to put it in a category. I've put it in community / social as that seemed the most appropriate.
    Christmas Gift Bag Goodie Swap
    Christmas Stocking Swap

Mummy to 2 gorgeous boys and memory keeper/scrapbooker Mrs Cheshire's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (29)
    MaryAnne, it has been suggested by a couple of people in the Project life/document 2012 social group that it may be better to have it's own section within I&C so that it is easily found but we can have different threads for printables, links, chat etc. I don't know how you feel about that or whether you'd prefer it to stay as a SG! It's currently uncategorised but I'm happy to move it to community or another category should you wish it to stay as a SG!http://www.ukscrappers.co.uk/boards/...hp?groupid=532
    Dawn
    Team Leader My Blog
    July Points Slo7, DLO, Weekly Challenges wk1= wk2= wk3= wk4= Hc= Mini books= Total

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Cheshire View Post
    MaryAnne, it has been suggested by a couple of people in the Project life/document 2012 social group that it may be better to have it's own section within I&C so that it is easily found but we can have different threads for printables, links, chat etc. I don't know how you feel about that or whether you'd prefer it to stay as a SG! It's currently uncategorised but I'm happy to move it to community or another category should you wish it to stay as a SG!http://www.ukscrappers.co.uk/boards/...hp?groupid=532
    I don't see a problem with adding a forum for a non-UKS challenge that is very, very popular. I wouldn't do it for every one out there but if 50 UKS members are involved then I can see it being worthwhile - as you say the beauty of a forum is that you can have threads on lots of different topics and that keep them organized, and keeps us from having 20 threads in GS. Also, having it as a forum helps attract other members to a project or challenge that they might otherwise have missed! Which is a good thing

What I don't know is how easy it is to mover discussion from an SG over to a forum. So if there are LOADS of things in there then the owner f the SG may need to systematically move things over by doing a copy/paste of important stuff. That might also be good, allowing you to weed out the psts that are nothing more than "Great Idea" or the like. It'll make the signal to noise ratio much better

Have a look at your options as an SG owner - see if you can move things. My guess is NO but I don't own any groups so not sure if you see something I don't. I'll try to look in the Admin section and see what options I may have.

Mummy to 2 gorgeous boys and memory keeper/scrapbooker Mrs Cheshire's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (29)
    I'm happy to do a copy and paste as I can't see any option for moving stuff elsewhere!
    Dawn
    Team Leader My Blog
    July Points Slo7, DLO, Weekly Challenges wk1= wk2= wk3= wk4= Hc= Mini books= Total

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    Deleted!

This one can go too, no longer used

http://www.ukscrappers.co.uk/boards/...php?groupid=90

View Gallery

I'm happy to do a copy and paste as I can't see any option for moving stuff elsewhere!
    Don't do anything till I create the forum for it But once you see it you can start moving things in there. Just do try to think how best to organize it before you do. It'll save you work in the long run, and you can also opt to do a poll in the forum to ask what the other participants think. and if you have a thread or two that would be best made sticky PM me a link to the threads.

View Gallery

PS I may jump the gun a little and start deleting any here that people have said CAN DELETE as they will be quick(-ish) to do where the others will need looking at and considering.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Deleted!

Lavender lovelies - no longer a team

http://www.ukscrappers.co.uk/boards/...p?do=grouplist

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (60)
    Deleted!

Noone's been here in a while

http://www.ukscrappers.co.uk/boards/...hp?groupid=473

http://www.ukscrappers.co.uk/boards/...hp?groupid=421

and this is our original team thread which can go now as it's been replaced by Bijoux Belles mark 2

http://www.ukscrappers.co.uk/boards/...php?groupid=32

View Gallery

New forum created!

MaryAnne, I've recently set up a project life/document 2012 social group, just so we can separate the links, printables and general chat, otherwise it gets lost in the chat if it's all on one thread!
    http://www.ukscrappers.co.uk/boards/...hp?groupid=532
    It doesn't really fit into any category so not sure what to suggest for it!

View Gallery

http://www.ukscrappers.co.uk/boards/...hp?groupid=469
    Complusive stash shoppers support group is now covered by the stash busting thread I feel!
    Anything in there worth moving to the Stash Busters section?