Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

rae7145
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

having problem with

my silhouette machine im making the card i think it wast silvia that gave us merry and bright but every time i go to write the little verse and the merry christmas separate but on the same sheet its just writing the merry christmas and not the verse so what am i doing wrong also every time i send it to write its saying that it was a success but its staying were it is
    hope someone can help because the way im feeling its taking a trip out the window
    rae

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    I can't bring the card to mind but if you click the little scissors icon on the top toolbar select the verse and see if it's set to "cut" Rae

rae7145
    View Gallery

ok thanks doreen will have a go
    rae

View Gallery

Just a thought and not knowing exactly which file you are referring to, it could be the verse is not a cutting file and you have to do a print and cut.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

View Gallery

I wondered about that Lucille but the way I read it was Rae wants to write the verse.

ETS
    I've found the card it's this one , the verse is done with a pen.
    Last edited by DJG; 31-10-2011 at 01:43 PM.

View Gallery

I read it the same way Doreen, but if the verse isn't a cutting file as you know you can't draw or cut it without doing some work on it.

View Gallery

I'm not sure I understand Lucille, could you have a look at the file to see if you think it's ok "as is" please?

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    The verse is done with the pen. In order to write the verse you need to select the scalloped circle with the verse and ungroup. You can then select just the verse, go into the cutlines and select cut - you should then be able to use the pen to write the verse, but don't forget to set the scalloped circle to no cut. Once you have the verse written in order to then cut the circle you need to reverse that process and make the verse no cut and the scalloped circle to cut - hope this makes sense
    Sylvia x
    My Blog

rae7145
    View Gallery

hiya doreen and lucille yes i was doing it with the pen ladies but i had on the same sheet merry christmas and the verse but when i went to wright them it only done the merry christmas and went back to its position so the verse never got done then when i took the merry christmas of and wanted to write the verse it wrote the merry christmas over again hope ive explained it ok so silvia were am i going wrong i think my machine is going bammy like me when im writing do i have to highlight it or put the box round it so it knows were to right
    rae
    think i better stop writing there hope for me yet

rae7145
    View Gallery

hi silvia i will try this and let you know how i get on i never read all you post
    rae

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by rae7145 View Post
    hiya doreen and lucille yes i was doing it with the pen ladies but i had on the same sheet merry christmas and the verse but when i went to wright them it only done the merry christmas and went back to its position so the verse never got done then when i took the merry christmas of and wanted to write the verse it wrote the merry christmas over again hope ive explained it ok so silvia were am i going wrong i think my machine is going bammy like me when im writing do i have to highlight it or put the box round it so it knows were to right
    rae
    think i better stop writing there hope for me yet
    I see you have found Sylvia's reply.

rae7145
    View Gallery

thank you doreen and lucille got it to work thank you silvia for explaining it to me i printed out what you said so will keep this handy for when i do something like this again
    rae
    ive got on my desk a paper for to do this that and the next thing my memory is getting worse

View Gallery

ive got on my desk a paper for to do this that and the next thing my memory is getting worse[/QUOTE]

Join the club Rae, Glad you've got it sorted

View Gallery

Sorry had to pop out, but I see Sylvia who's file it was has sorted it all out for you. I thought it might have been on of Linda's files which I know has the odd printed vers.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by rae7145 View Post
    thank you doreen and lucille got it to work thank you silvia for explaining it to me i printed out what you said so will keep this handy for when i do something like this again
    rae
    ive got on my desk a paper for to do this that and the next thing my memory is getting worse
    You're welcome Rae and I'm glad you got it sorted eventually. It's always a bit tricky when setting what to cut and what not to cut. I like to do my pen work first so I usually set everything else to no cut and then once the pen work is done I set everything else to cut except the pen work which I've already done. It needs a bit of thinking out, but we get there in the end!
    Sylvia x
    My Blog