Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    I wonder if some of the problems are with differences in blades rather than machines? I've always been able to cut Bazzill beautifully (and with quite intricate designs) on both the Lite and later on my CC330 - until I got a new blade pack, and that seemed to cut worse that my old blunt one...

Rosemary
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by dozyrosy View Post
    I wonder if some of the problems are with differences in blades rather than machines? I've always been able to cut Bazzill beautifully (and with quite intricate designs) on both the Lite and later on my CC330 - until I got a new blade pack, and that seemed to cut worse that my old blunt one...

Rosemary
    You know Rosemary, I've been wondering along these lines as well, but, more with the plastic blade holder, as if the cap doesn't screw on properly, I know with one of the new blade sets I got a while back, the blade didn't seem to protrude as much as before, so I trimmed a bit of the coloured cap to make it cut better.
    Grace I'm getting there, 1 step at a time

Avid card maker
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I've also been thinking the same thing, because no matter which cap I use, hardly any of the blade protrudes.
    One other thing, though: I've just managed to cut really well with a different make of cardstock which is slightly textured & has a coloured core. I did a double cut using the pink cap, speed 3, thickness 24 if that helps anyone.
    Helen

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Lucille
    What is an 'O' ring?

Lynda

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by labish View Post
    Lucille
    What is an 'O' ring?

Lynda
    It's a small white ring of plastic with a hole in the middle that slides over the black piece that the blade is encased it, before you insert it into the blade holder of the machine. Only the older models use them and they were to increase the cutting pressure, we can use 2 'O' rings but no more. I've never needed to use them, but still keep them in case.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"