Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    I am man yes i am
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by simplyme View Post
    Don't bother with the plotter cutter if you are thinking about getting a craft robo as they barely cut cardstock and usually it's a faff to just even cut bazzil card.

You can do your own designs on the cricut with SCAL or Make the Cut.

It is a far superior machine to the craft robo.
    no not the craft robo in my opinion its over priced for what you get
    im talking about a vinyl plotter cutter they will cut anything you want
    there you go removed my blog link

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    You can program the Cricut to cut your own designs and buying the software to do that costs way less than the price of lots of carts.

This weekend I've been playing about with the hinge method for making cuts of prints and have had some really great sucesses. This means I can now start using all those digi kits I have saved for some hybrid scrapping (cos I am a nightmare with a pair of scissors!)

I am man yes i am
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    hmm yeah but at £274.00 it will be a long long long long time before i could ever buy one
    there you go removed my blog link

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (29)
    It will probably still work out cheaper than a decent plotter cutter, especially when you consider the cutting area too. Maybe you could get one when you go to the states

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Hi Guys need an answer quite quickly re the gypsy can you load carts onto the gypsy and then sell the carts but have it always on the gypsy, hope this makes sense. Am looking to buy the expression that is on special with the gypsy on a shopping channel, what do people think?
    Trudy

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trudyw View Post
    Hi Guys need an answer quite quickly re the gypsy can you load carts onto the gypsy and then sell the carts but have it always on the gypsy, hope this makes sense. Am looking to buy the expression that is on special with the gypsy on a shopping channel, what do people think?
    Yes I suppose you could but no one would buy them if they've been loaded on your gypsy as they wouldn't be able to load them on to their Gypsy.They're " chipped" once they're loaded IYKWIM. They can only be loaded on to one Gypsy.
    Another thing if you didn't have the cart then you wouldn't be able to use the expression if anything happened to your gypsy as you wouldn't have the carts for it.
    I don't have a gypsy, I have the Design Studio software on the PC which is the same thing as the gypsy but without the portablility but I don't go to crops and don't need the facility of designing on the gypsy away from the PC IYKWIM..
    Gwyneth

Blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Thanks Gwyneth that was my worry about then selling the carts (have seen some like this on an auction site) I was just trying to justify the expense really by getting some money back LOL. I am so tempted just need a little nudge. I do have a small bug but really would like the expression.
    Trudy

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Trudyw View Post
    Thanks Gwyneth that was my worry about then selling the carts (have seen some like this on an auction site) I was just trying to justify the expense really by getting some money back LOL. I am so tempted just need a little nudge. I do have a small bug but really would like the expression.
    Unless you are really really going to use the gypsy when you're away from your PC ( I don't mean in another room, although probably that is nice for the family ) it's an awful lot of money for what after all is only the design studio.
    It might be an option to just buy the expression and the design studio software which would work out a lot lot cheaper for you.
    Some of out sponsors have pretty good offers for both, much cheaper than the shopping channels.
    Gwyneth

Blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    just got a circut for a very good price on that auction site.

Looking at getting some carts I like the look of cindy loo can anybody help me out with the best place to buy them from.
    SWAPS:

I would like to be a glow-worm. A glow-worm's never glum. Its hard to be downhearted When the sun shines out your bum.
    www.craftyjoanne.blogspot.com

View Gallery

There's a couple of our sponsors that are quite competative on price Joanne. If you post is shop till you drop and ask for Cricut Carts they'll give you the direct links, save you searching through all the sites.
    Gwyneth

Blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (41)
    Hi all, I have just ordered a roll of vinyl and transfer paper (the quickutz rolls) so I can make some wall decorations for my DD's room.
    I have the original cricut. Does anyone know what settings I should use on the cricut so it cuts the vinyl?
    Also could I use cheap sticky back plastic (ala Blue Peter) in the cricut?
    Many thanks for your help.
    Niki
    I wouldn't change you for the world, but I would happily change the world for you. Nicola Girdlestone(1966-)my flicker
    My scrap blog

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    This thread has been automatically closed.

You will find the new thread created by clicking HERE.