Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ------ robo

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Question ------ robo

has anyone any idea how long the blades are supposed to last only had robo since xmas and am having trouble cutting card.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    They usually last quite a while. It really depends on how much you have used it, what you have cut with it and the settings you are cutting on. Someone posted a while ago a list of tips regarding settings etc, I think it may have been Brian from Graphtec??? Can anyone help with a link to that post at all?
    Best Wishes
    Tootsie (Diane)

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)

View Gallery

Honestly girls Brians hints and tips are safely tucked away in the RM tutorial section.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

View Gallery

My blade has just died after 2 years ( of nearly every day use) and after reading brians tips I realise what a naughty girl I have been because I am that pink lots of force person and have the cutting mat to prove it lol will be more careful with new blade

View Gallery

Oh thank goodness you have seen it, I had changed to a red blade for everything supporter, but I'm glad I changed after reading that, even if only for the sake of the CS, but I also sacrificed a new CS to do test cuts on my various papers and card to make my own settings. I lost the first lot when my PC had serious problems earlier in the year and out of all the folders and files I saved it never entered my head to save the media folder in RM

Dedicated Scrapper - Limited Sponsor - Fuschia's Avatar
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Krewella View Post
    My blade has just died after 2 years ( of nearly every day use) and after reading brians tips I realise what a naughty girl I have been because I am that pink lots of force person and have the cutting mat to prove it lol will be more careful with new blade
    2 years wow, that's a long time, don't think mine will last that long.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    Oh thank goodness you have seen it, I had changed to a red blade for everything supporter, but I'm glad I changed after reading that, even if only for the sake of the CS, but I also sacrificed a new CS to do test cuts on my various papers and card to make my own settings. I lost the first lot when my PC had serious problems earlier in the year and out of all the folders and files I saved it never entered my head to save the media folder in RM
    I'm still in the process of saving all my media type settings. I must remember to back that up to the external hard drive soon. Thanks for the reminder.

Take care,
    Erika

View Gallery

Make a copy of the media folder and keep it safe.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by sammish View Post
    has anyone any idea how long the blades are supposed to last only had robo since xmas and am having trouble cutting card.
    Hi, I got my CRLite at the end of Oct. and I needed a new blade before Christmas, and I have since ordered a third blade, so that I will always have a spare, so I wasn't impressed at how long the blade lasted, but, in the learning process, of getting the cutting settings right, I am sure I must have blunted my blade, as I went through numerous carrier sheets as well, I am sure mine will last a bit longer now that I am getting to grips with the depth settings. HTH
    Grace I'm getting there, 1 step at a time

Paper crafter
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    Make a copy of the media folder and keep it safe.
    Is it possible to share personal setting made for a media folder with others? <thinking out loud> Then if someone is struggling to cut right through, someone who wasn't struggling with the same card/paper/template, the struggler could try the none strugglers exact media settings by sticking the file in their media folder (Oh dear that reads like gibberish)
    Melody ~ Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
    -- unknown, though often attributed to Albert Camus

View Gallery

Course you can share, but the problem I've noticed over the years is that what works for you might not work for someone else, sometimes the card colour can make a difference and also there seems to be some differences between machines, I'm not sure why that is eg I've never had a problem cutting Bazzill card but a lot of people do.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

-----robo

I am finally getting to grips with cutting card, have found that by reducing the speed setting for cutting and doing at least 2 cuts with the yellow cap the card will cut.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I haven't had any problems with Bazzil either ... use the pink cap and and a slow speed.

I had thought about sharing the media settings too, but then it may be different for everyone like Lucille said.

I don't know what I'm trying to say really. I'm too tired so I'll just .

I think I have a problem with a smiley addiction.

Take care,
    Erika

View Gallery

Now theres a difference, for Bazzill I use the yellow cap and 2 cuts because it doesn't mark the CS as much as using the red cap and I've never reduced the speed since I got the machine.

Ray told me that the machines are made to cut fast and I shouldn't need to reduce the speed, I did do a couple of experiments but it didn't make any difference so I just don't bother.