Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    Collector of : stamps, ribbons, flowers, jewels ect Oh and skint too! removed user's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I wondered if it were a tax type thing?? Hmm

I did read something about not being able to sign your spouse up under you as a downline...

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    Quote Originally Posted by JulieAnnNew View Post
    Is anyone planning on being a demonstrator in the North East (Newcastle upon Tyne) area, just i dont want to demo,but I do want to buy?!!

Here's hoping
    Julie
    I'm hoping to be a demo in West Yorkshire Julie, which I know is a bit far but my Mum travels up to Morpeth every other week to see my Gran so if you don't get anyone any nearer I could help you out!

I wouldn't want you to go with out!!

Louise
    Last edited by scraphappy; 04-10-2007 at 07:20 AM.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by scraphappy View Post
    I'm hoping to be a demo in West Yorkshire Julie, which I know is a bit far but my Mum travels up to Morpeth every other week to see my Gran so if you don't get anyone any nearer I could help you out!

I wouldn't want you to go with out!!

Louise
    Neither would I!!
    Thanks for the offer. I'll certainly keep it in mind
    Julie

Old Crafter!!
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    As per Stamping Caz's message and blog the UK site is now up with basic information and all relevant forms and such like for signing up

Rachel
    Rachel

Old Crafter!!
    View Gallery

Having read the T&Cs and the form it looks like spouses only sign if they are going to assist you with the business ie help out at demos and distribute things and collect orders and it is so they don't sign up as downliners to yourself OR OTHERS. SO if they are not going to help out then it looks like there is no need for him to be involved. I know what my OH would say if I asked him to do that!!! He has no interest whatsoever in stamping - although I made him stamp the inserts to the christmas cards one year and he was grumpy for days afterwards!!!!

Rachel
    Rachel

I prefer lie downs to sit ups! Sprogpaws's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    Just been comparing the SU prices - they've near as damn it just swapped signs.

Old Crafter!!
    View Gallery

Yes - a bit of a shame but I do appreciate they are shipping in from the US and the costs associated with that and also they have to add 17.5% in VAT for teh catty as well. Still for some it will be the best way to access the product and it is the demo-ing and classes that will sell product rather than necessarily price alone - kind of added value.

Rachel
    Rachel

Dedicated Scrapper Princessfiona's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Just wondering if anyones knows what the Tax implications of signing up as a demo would be? I assume that you are self employed as a demo so you would need to pay a seperate "stamp" and also complete tax returns. If you are already in employment tax would be due on all profits??

I was really keen, but the more I think about it, it seems too much work to have to pay tax on any money I make?? I am too honest not to declare all my income to the inland rev.

Any one know what the rules are??
    Fiona

My BLOG

Old Crafter!!
    View Gallery

Yes that would be right but also any "business expenses" would also be allowable against those "profits" so for example stamps and paper and tools for demonstrating, petrol, any storage, paper for printers and ink and so on so I am sure you could find plenty of things to offset against that.....

If anyone is worried about these things the Inland Revenue (or whatever they are called these days) have a good booklet for small businesses and are really helpful on the phone and if it is really tiny there is a special very short section on your tax return to complete.

Also Business Link is another good source of information.

I suspect as upliners we will be sharing info regarding this sort of matter as well - at least pointing people in the right direction ad so on

Rachel
    Rachel

I prefer lie downs to sit ups! Sprogpaws's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    I agree, you'd need to tell the IR, but you'd be able to claim most things as tax deductable, including a portion of your phone bill, mileage allowance and that kind of thing, in addition to your actual kit and so on. Basically, if it's something you need to work then you can claim it - you'd even be able to claim for buying magazines etc if they were specific to your industry (ie stamping) as they are classed as reference materials.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (55)
    I would rather buy from someone up here than demo as well, I have enough tax paperwork ,vat returns for my husband never mind having paperwork for me too.
    So please have a demo in the Aberdeenshire area.
    Dawn

Wish for spellcheck
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (18)
    I have a few Abedeenshire girls who have shown an intrest Dawn.
    Karen

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (43)
    Any down here in North Wales Karen
    Heather
    No more swaps, in fact if I ask to join a swap please say NO
    "Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Wish for spellcheck
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (18)
    Not that I know of yet, I get the Scottish girls asking me but a demo does not have a region so can sell to anyone if she can get the goddies to them.

We will have a thread just for SU on UKS before the start date I am guessing, there you might find someone closer to home and be able to collect or drop off orders.

having looked at the catty and even being still a bit disapointed in the prices, there are load I NEED, yes I do. I just wonder whats been left out of the Uk catty if its only 80 pages and also if they are offering retired sets in the demo kit does that mean we may get lots of old sets? When I looked thru I did see lots of stamp set that would not sell in the UK anyway take out those and stick to best selling lines untill they know better. {please leave the punches in there!}

Re the price again, it just makes me want to reach for the bigger discount rate to make up for the price.
    Karen

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (35)
    Well, I'm even further down in South Wales ... and very interested.

I've been wondering about SU and UKS (bit scared to mention it LOL). With TLC, it wasn't allowed to be mentioned until UKS came to some agreement with them. Did they sponsor a forum? I wonder if SU will too.