It is nice to make something special for parents and I made a card I suppose you'd call it, but it opened out into about 8 or 10 sides. Each page had a photograph of dad starting when he was a baby on his mother's lap with his dad and baby brother. I've just found it and it was a Father's Day card. On the front page I began with a family photo of mum and dad's Golden Wedding Anniversary and it told dad how he held a special place in our hearts and a place in our family that no-one else could fill. Then inside, it began with him being a precious son - a loving brother - a devoted husband - a caring father - a doting grandfather - a treasured father-in-law and the last page thanked dad for teaching us the meaning of family. Each page had one of these captions with a photo to match. He kept this with him until he died and showed it to all the carers. I have it again now and the photo's are fading so I think I will replace them with genuine Epson ink photo's so that they will last and can be handed down to my nephew and niece. It is basically a snapshot (so to speak) of his life but to see the delight on his face was a joy to see.

Thanks Elaine, for reminding me about this. I'd forgotten I had it and it is lovely to look back on and think of the pleasure it gave to dad. Mum was so far along at the time with Alzheimer's that she was unaware of most things but she would have loved all the cards and scrapbooks. Mum was a knitter and also made lampshades for a living when she was younger and dad loved carpentry so they both loved to craft in their own different way.

I love the romantic Valentine's card Elaine. My hubby always reads the verse and buys cards with the most beautiful words, very romantic in that way.

Alison, that first birthday card is simple but very effective which I think is incredibly hard to get right. I love the second card with that pretty background paper, I always seem to notice background papers don't I!

Ellie, I hope you managed to find something useful off the site.

Just showed hubby your card Elaine and he was really impressed, he thought it was stunning!