Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (131)
    Oooooo hope I didnt misquote anyone .... apologies if I have , please please put me right if I have....
    Anita - Meerkats rule ... !

Arty Farty 12 days swap, Christmas 12 says swap, Christmas stocking swap
    Decorated notebook swap

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (49)
    Quote Originally Posted by cut'n'paste
    Oh we do Elin LOL!

I just got no less than 6 parcels in the post this morning, one from the states (albums), one swap, one marketplace purchase and 3 sponsor shopping packages YUMMY!
    Oh my poor bank balance!! Without the links here I would not have found the many brilliant things I have so i am not really grumbling
    Now I am envious! I'm doing very well saving my pennies for the Glasgow SECC hobbycrafts fair - only 10 days to go!!

I'm a Scraphazard!!
    Eventually joined the blogging community!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (49)
    Anita I don't think you miss quoted anyone!

I'm a Scraphazard!!
    Eventually joined the blogging community!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (131)
    Phew !!! xxx
    Anita - Meerkats rule ... !

Arty Farty 12 days swap, Christmas 12 says swap, Christmas stocking swap
    Decorated notebook swap

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    I'm going to close this at this point, after a few reported posts in rapid succession.

The rules on PMs are that you can always pass on the name and location of a shop. The only issue comes if people who are not sponsors here promote themselves (or ask members to do so) or if they SPAM using the PM system (neither sponsors nor non-sponsors may send out unsolicited PMs or emails, but sponsors may reply via PM to a post or request as well as reply on the boards) or if they try to conduct business via the PM system - taking orders, advertising stock, etc.

We do try to walk the line as best we can with things like this - we let people mention deals at major chains (but then Smiths began carrying scrapbooking supplies and that created issues) and we used to allow a mention of a shop that was not a sponsor, although didn't allow phone numbers, street addresses, or links to be posted, but, as with here, it never seems to be a single mention - the threads take on a life of their own and before you know it, a non-sponosr shop, even without being mentioned, is getting loads of free advertising while not supporting the forum.

I'm not sure what the solution is to this problem but until we work out some way to keep members, Mods, and sponsors all happy we will just have to stick to our stated rules - no advertising for non-sponsor shops on UKS, to include omiting the actual name while still giving out enough information to identify it.