Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

If it's not pink then it's not worth having! gismo's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (49)

Crafty Show preferences...

Which one do most of you go to and find the best for scrapping? Excluding bonanza as thats quite expenseive!!! I usually go to the NEC but wondering whether any of the others would be better?

So much stash - so little room.............. katie squirrel's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (108)
    Hi... I dont go to many - went to Harrogate in September - Great Northern Papercrafts Extravaganza - which was good - not as packed as last year when I went - that was a nightmare - grannies elbowing you out of the way and people literally shoving you out of their way.... but this year was much better, more room to move around and was quiet when we got there - mind you was early doors on the Sunday, so perhaps other peeps were still snoring!! Am going to Bonanza next year - but as a volunteer, one way to get there - although unsure if have done the right thing - will probably be too worn out to wander round on the saturday!!!
    Katie x
    Scrapping Challenge 2010: 52 LO and cards, 12 weekly challenges, complete UFO's
    Swaps: Fluv's recipe swap
    CJ: Jerseyscraps All My Own Photos CJ

2010 Progress: 16/52 LO 32/52 cards - 0/12 weekly challenges - 0 UFO's 25/4

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    I've only been to two: Thorpe Park and Ally Pally. Thorpe Park (I think it's called 'You Can Make It') is big (but not as big as Bonanza) and has only a couple of demo-type classes. It's mostly stalls selling things, but LOTS and LOTS of them. Prices are good too, but be sure you know what things cost generally before you go. The next one is coming up in January.

Ally Pally is quite a bit smaller than Thorpe Park but still well worth the trip. Like Thorpe Park, they don't really have workshops or classes, but lots of stalls selling things. It's called 'Stamp Show' or something like that, but they have lots more than just stamps.

Both of these have plenty to interest scrapbookers. Some things are bargains, other not so much, although I've never seen anything that was what could be classified as a rip-off. I'll be at BOTH... but mostly for shopping. The reports of those who've been to Bonanza leave me a bit cold, so no thanks. I'd love to go to some of the others around the country, but they're just too far.