Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

I had my cake and ate it too!! Pink Chocolate's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (83)

Covering Objects with a Slant

I have a tub that I would love to alter/cover, however, it is not completely straight. It is wider at the top where the lid is than at the bottom base circle so how do you cover this without creases?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    Carefully!

Sorry couldn't resist!!!

lovin it, lovin it, lovin it wanna_scrap?'s Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    try wetting the paper, it will mould and manipulate better. Do try with cheap copier paper first - just to practice.
    love Kirsty xx

Design Team Member for: Rhonna Designs, Fantastic Ribbons

Sprinkle a little happiness wherever you go Hils's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    Funny you should ask this cos this is exactly what I've been doing this week too - why can't they make them straight?! I covered it in two halves, and cut a small slit in the bottom of each one so I can kind of overlap the surplus, iyswim. I used DST - but don't put it all along the edge, leave a couple of small gaps (this seems to help avoid creases too...) I'm putting embellies on so they will hide the top of the small slit, and the bottom bit I've hidden with a border of twill - course ribbon would work just as well I've used the same on the paper joins down the side, and at the top for balance....
    This was done through trial and error, so practice with cheap paper might be a good idea!
    Hils

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (50)
    Dee..

I had the same problem when I did my Halloween bucket. This is how I got round it...

Get a sheet of A4 printer paper, or newspaper if the tub is large. Lay your tub on its side with the seam along a short paper edge. Take a pencil and roll the tub slowly across the paper, following just up from the base with your pencil. Go back to beginning and line it up in the same place, this time mark the top of the tub. Now you have a template.. cut it out and try it against your tub in case it needs any adjusting. Then you can cut out from your nice paper.

I only marked half way round the bucket as my bucket had two seams.. then I cut two pieces allowing a bit extra for overlapping. I got my bucket covered from one sheet 12x12.

Hope that helps

I had my cake and ate it too!! Pink Chocolate's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (83)
    Super ideas I will see what I can do. Thank you all.