Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Madkitty

going crazy over storage...

ok so how do you store all your bits - by colour, theme, papers, embellishments etcetc....I keep thinking colour is a good idea but then you have those blimmin patterned papers that fit in every colour possible hmmmmm also any good ideas for storage in general?

She who dies with the most supplies, wins! scrapcat's Avatar
    Over the ocean in PEI Canada - born and bred in the UK though !! :)
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (39)
    In my experience by colour and by specific themes (such as Xmas) are best however I've found in 5 years of scrapping that you resort it every few months or so anyhow !!!!!!

Good luck

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (33)
    I bought loads of boxes from Lakeland and have all my tools, together, pens, ribbons, eyelets etc etc. but when it comes to Xmas, Easter, Halloween etc I keep all of these things seperate so they are easy to find. Have a hugedrawerwith hanging files for stickers/rub ons etc and a walk in cupboard forall of my card that I don't look at then I have all my strokable papers somewhere closeby forcomfort, then my stamps are on shelves soI can see them and they are sorted into words,fashion,cute etc etc. (Bet you are really glad you asked - spent ages sorting it all out)!!!
    Jacqui Hosting Majik Circle CJ, Use your Own Photos CJ (kathb hosting)

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (41)
    for my brads, eyelets, buttons etc i sort by colour, my card is also sorted by colour, my PP is sorted by theme, ie-checked papers go together, stripey go together etc. the only ones that get sorted by brand is BG as i only buy it in complete sets so easy to stay that way!!!!
    my letter embellies are sorted by letter, so all the 'A's, 'B' s etc are together no matter what they are made of.
    fibres are sorted by colour as well, in fact i would say that 90% of my stash is sorted by colour
    as for storage-- anything and everything, have a look round Ikea for great storage or your local DIY shops

HTH's,
    niki
    I wouldn't change you for the world, but I would happily change the world for you. Nicola Girdlestone(1966-)my flicker
    My scrap blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (37)
    small items by colour/type, ribbon by colour (occassionally - mostly its all just chucked in) cardstock by colour in cropper hopper vertical holders, but also bazzill seperated into types (chatterbox, doodlebug, AMM, monos, fourz...etc), paper by manufacturer then by 'flavour', then by colour or pattern (ie - chatterbox - den room - checks, stripes, flowers, spots etc, or basic grey - sublime - patterns and plains. )
    Clare
    ::stuff::

The finest Morse keys in all the land! katiepops's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    A large part of my patterned paper and some cardstock lives in a Scrapfolio (it's like an accordian file thingy), where it's all sorted by colour in each section - and because I'm anal, at the front of each section is the paper, followed by the cardstock and then the vellum.

However, I've also got a huge Ikea storage drawer thingy that houses a shed load of kits that I haven't got round to playing with, plus all my HOTP books, Club Scrap cardstock/papers etc that weren't in kits (ie from GHM). Then in my Navigator lives several big grip seal bags, one with all my Sassafras Lass papers in, another with Basic Grey, then my two Basic Grey collections separately, then three separate bags of Bazzill (purples, pinks, and powder room), and then there's also an SEI Hippie Chick set in there in a bag ... get the picture??

On my desk I've got half a dozen Really Useful Boxes (you can get them from Staples or from Viking-Direct) - five are 5 litre size, and I've got one each for rubber stamps (but not my whole collection, only ones that I use reasonably regularly - the rest are in a drawer), one for photos (well overflowing), one that I keep the majority of my Self-Addressed kits in (plus a 6 x 6 Bazzill pad and some DCWV pads), one with all my inks in, one that holds sheets of stickers, and then I've got a 9 litre one that holds my eyelet tool kit, eyelets, and all sorts of other embellishments and bits and pieces. Once I've opened a packet of something I decant it into a grip seal bag and chuck it in the box - easy to find it then. Oh, and then I've got a little Ikea bag that holds all my metal embellishments as well.

Okay, reading that back it looks like I've got waaaaaayyyy too much stash ... I think I'm going to have to be brutal and try to prune it somewhat ...

Anyway, the RUBs get my vote - particularly the smaller ones as they stack so nicely on the desk and I can get two into my Navigator along with a pile of papers etc.

Kate

Handbag, shoe and choco - holic! Bluemoonjules's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)
    Are we supposed to keep it in order??
    - 6.25% Welsh -

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Katie !!!!! Sounds to me like you have got waaaaaaaay too much stash, too !!!!!

I'm up for donations if you would like to give anything to a loving new home !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by katiepops
    A large part of my patterned paper and some cardstock lives in a Scrapfolio (it's like an accordian file thingy), where it's all sorted by colour in each section - and because I'm anal, at the front of each section is the paper, followed by the cardstock and then the vellum.

However, I've also got a huge Ikea storage drawer thingy that houses a shed load of kits that I haven't got round to playing with, plus all my HOTP books, Club Scrap cardstock/papers etc that weren't in kits (ie from GHM). Then in my Navigator lives several big grip seal bags, one with all my Sassafras Lass papers in, another with Basic Grey, then my two Basic Grey collections separately, then three separate bags of Bazzill (purples, pinks, and powder room), and then there's also an SEI Hippie Chick set in there in a bag ... get the picture??

On my desk I've got half a dozen Really Useful Boxes (you can get them from Staples or from Viking-Direct) - five are 5 litre size, and I've got one each for rubber stamps (but not my whole collection, only ones that I use reasonably regularly - the rest are in a drawer), one for photos (well overflowing), one that I keep the majority of my Self-Addressed kits in (plus a 6 x 6 Bazzill pad and some DCWV pads), one with all my inks in, one that holds sheets of stickers, and then I've got a 9 litre one that holds my eyelet tool kit, eyelets, and all sorts of other embellishments and bits and pieces. Once I've opened a packet of something I decant it into a grip seal bag and chuck it in the box - easy to find it then. Oh, and then I've got a little Ikea bag that holds all my metal embellishments as well.

Okay, reading that back it looks like I've got waaaaaayyyy too much stash ... I think I'm going to have to be brutal and try to prune it somewhat ...

Anyway, the RUBs get my vote - particularly the smaller ones as they stack so nicely on the desk and I can get two into my Navigator along with a pile of papers etc.

Kate

Frustrated Scrapper - there's never enough weekend TopCat76's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Now that I have a proper desk (rather than dining room table) I find I'm much more organised... one deep drawer has lakeland compartment boxes with ribbons and embellies , buttons etc... I have a tote that has all my paper book collections in, one cupboard has RUB boxes (LOVE these) with rubber stamps, inkpads, die cuts in bags in... then I have pp and card stock in cropper hopper vertical storage... card by colour, pp by design, eg, BG, Chatterbox and then others such as geometric patterns, floral, stripes etc.. i think (think) this works for me, who knows it will prob change again!!

The finest Morse keys in all the land! katiepops's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Quote Originally Posted by dansmum
    Katie !!!!! Sounds to me like you have got waaaaaaaay too much stash, too !!!!!

I'm up for donations if you would like to give anything to a loving new home !!!!
    Yes, and I forgot to mention all the pizza boxes full of Club Scrap kits sat on top of the wardrobe, and the little Generations pouches full of assorted bits and pieces, fibres etc etc ... and then my pencil case with my dymo, herma etc etc etc.

I need a good clear out obviously - Marketplace here I come!

Kate

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (23)
    Also have a look in the library there is a section for scrap rooms and storage lots of good ideas.