Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrappindi
    Mary Anne,
    In 3 yrs I had only ever done about five LO's as I wouldn't just let myself go and do it *my* way. I saw that article which included your first ever LO and I was stunned as to me you were *up there* in the scrappin' world as far as I was concerned. I thought you were born scrapping the way you do now!

That did it for me. I realised then (at last!) it's just practice, my own ideas, letting my ideas flow and not to worry whether it's right or wrong (no such thing).

I can see which each one I do that my ideas are there, the creativity is there and it's getting better with each LO. My way. To the first poster...go for it!
    Now you are making me cry! No fair!

When the mag wanted to that article series I was torn between sending an early layout that was more "my style", albeit in it's infancy, or doing what they wanted which was sending my honestly and truly very first EVER layout. I sent the first and you made me glad I did!

But if you were to pop round and have a flick thru my albums I assure you you would find some pretty shocking stuff all mine. Not many of us scrap the same way from one week to the next let alone one year to the next It's reading idea books, it's new products on the market, new tools, changes in trends in clothes and advertising and home decor. It is, for the vast majority of us, an ever evolving style rather than one style. Sure, Katie may be a clean and simple, but she is not the same clean and simple she was two years ago! Stickers v. QK/SIZZIX/Craft Robo cut titles, little letters v. GREAT BIG LETTERS, textured v. smooth cardstock -- all little changes but big impact on your page design.

I think the best advice in this thread is "GO FOR IT" -- you may surprise yourself!

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    Quote Originally Posted by katiepops

PS: I also aspire to something halfway between Jane and Shimelle, but usually end up halfway between plain awful and just pants!
    LOL! Thanks very much for the lovely feeling of jet-propelled tea as it shot out my nose! And for the soggy keyboard.

Shame on you!

Handbag, shoe and choco - holic! Bluemoonjules's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohokitty
    not EVERYTHING has to be inked
    Oh yes it does!!!
    - 6.25% Welsh -

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (35)
    Here are some of my earlier layouts on 2peas from about 4 ears ago, I cringe when I look through them now but I was very pleased with them at the time and a couple were published in CK!

http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/pg.a...pmumuk%27&pg=1

Handbag, shoe and choco - holic! Bluemoonjules's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane
    Here are some of my early layouts on 2peas, I cringe when I look through them now but I was very pleased with them at the time and a couple were published in CK!
    They are still very nice, but SO not 'you' now!!!
    - 6.25% Welsh -

It's a new year with new LO's to do. kiwinuk's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (18)
    I have had to learn that a page is for me, and what other people think is what other people think. I'm one of these people that worries about what others think of me. But at the end of the day, they don't know me or you from a bean. Show your work that you like. And if others like it great.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnne
    LOL! Thanks very much for the lovely feeling of jet-propelled tea as it shot out my nose! And for the soggy keyboard.

Shame on you!
    A perfect day then I think! A good cry and a good laugh

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Now you are making me cry! No fair!

I sent the first and you made me glad I did!
    Aw, bless All the anguish was worth it then!
    It was a great article and I'd love to see more like this. I've often thought we should have a *firsts* gallery to give anyone hope when it just won't just happen creativity wise. It really can be a scrapping block in itself thinking we'll just never manage it. I wasn't looking for what other people might think really. I just wanted to create pages I was happy with.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)
    ok...something to ponder...we hear of the scrapbooking 'greats' all the time...you know the ones, Heidi Swapp, Donna Downey, etc etc, and what they are up to, and the latest and greatest fabulous contributions to the world of all things scrap from them...
    Have you ever stopped to consider what their work was like in the beginning?
    Ok let me share this one with you...you would never be able to guess who it belongs to so let me tell you! This beauty was one of Cathy Zielske's first layouts...can you believe that? The Queen of ultra-simple-stylish-classy layouts used punches! Lots of them! So you see, this goes to prove that your own style or styles will evolve with time. It's all one big never-ending learning curve!
    Attached Images Attached Images

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (106)
    can't help thinking that would make a fabulous album cover

lover of fairies and angels josiejo's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    Ladies what can I say you have all been so nice. Once my batteries charge I am going to take the plunge and upload a LO on here. I never meant magazines I meant here. So hopefully tomorrow.
    Jo

The finest Morse keys in all the land! katiepops's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)

Shame on you!

Hhhmmm, I do seem to have that effect on people - snotty tea-covered keyboards - yum!

Kate