Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Thread: accordian....

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)

Question accordian....

I need to make an accordian book to add to a layout I trying to do, can someone point me in the right direction on how to make one thank you,
    [CENTER]

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    I usually take a length of paper or cardstock slightly taller than the photos and 12 ins. long. Fold this like a fan or concertina to the size that you want. Stick the back page to your LO...decorate the front..add photos etc. inside...tie with a ribbon or attch a button..then when the Lo is def. in its permament sleeve cut around it with a craft knife so that you can open it.
    ANN

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    One thing I find helpful is using your trimmer as a guide for scoring -- if you have a fiskars (or any trimmer with a groove in it) take out the blade, line up the strip of paper (using the measurement grid printed on the trimmer to get the size right) and use an embossing stylus or a bone folder to score the line for folding. Flip the sheet and score the next line, repeating till you have all the scores made. Then fold them along the scored line (checking the edges match up as well!) and use the side of a dull knife (or your bone folder) to make a sharp crease.

Old Fiskars came with both a cutting blade AND a scoring blade -- I think it was black rather than orange) so if you have that all the better

It also helps to make the top of the accorion a tiny bit larger, so the rest of the "pages" are totally hidden by the front piece.