Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)

3 a day limit on uploads to the gallery

I wonder if it is possible to put notice of the 3 a day limit on uploading LOs to the gallery somewhere on the uploading page. I know when I first joined this forum I didn't know about this rule and the same applies to other new members. By posting a notice on the upload page it would ensure that noone accidently does this and lessens the risk of upsetting people whose LOs get bumped by a string of LOs by the one person

Diehard UKScrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (19)
    here here!!!

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up. Mammy Hen's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    I'm with you on this one the other day there were 5 postings by the same person.
    Mary
    Mary

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    I'll ask Smax about that --I'm not sure how customizable the Photopost pages are!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    I don't think SMAX can actually make photopost regulate the uploads but I would think he could put a little bit of writing somewhere on the front gallery page telling peeps about it?
    I'm not sure though because lots of us have asked about this in the past and although it was agreed it was a good idea nothing ever happened so maybe he cant?

View Gallery

Sorry Yizzard, that is what I meant -- I'm not sure if the text on the Upload screen is something he can customize. It seems I've asked him about this before and the answer was NO but I could be wrong.

We can't have the programmed limit because that caused all manner of problems

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (35)
    Is it possible when you send the email to confirm the person's registration to include a few lines introduction and some general etiquette?

Sue

SMAX
    I have added it just above the submit button in RED. They wont read it though

Handbag, shoe and choco - holic! Bluemoonjules's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)
    I think it needs to be put somewhere in the 'rules' about posting and the general board etiquette, etc. Most people just get a gentle reminder from someone that they shouldn't go overboard.

I also thought it was agreed that we could upload all the pages of a book or something rather than put 3 on one day and wait to put on the other three. If I imagined that, I apologise as I uploaded 6 pics of my first paperbag book at the weekend.

5 in one day once in a while does not seem excessive to me - but someone uploaded 10 or more I might get a bit miffed.
    - 6.25% Welsh -

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (34)
    Mine got knocked straight off yesterday by someone uploading 9 at one time. It was annoying but I wouldn't have PM'd them as I am guessing they were a Newbie and I wouldn't want to upset someone into not uploading any more.
    I think a "warning" message in red is a good idea
    Emma Jane

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    Just to be devils advocate here..... .... does it really matter? With the new 'random' LO show at the top of the page (which I LOVE by the way!) I find I look at the gallery very differently. I go when I can (not daily to be honest) and look at the areas that interest me. This is usually 'Layouts' - so I will look at about 10-20 pages of layouts.

The more work that gets put in the gallery the better! As long as people aren't taking the p*ss surely its a good thing that they post their work? ESPECIALLY if they are a newbie.

There are SO many people on this site now that being on the front page of the gallery is a short lived event anyway.

Anyway - just my opinion....

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (52)
    I agree with you Kirsty to a certain extent but it can be annoying as a lot of people do only look on the first page or two of the gallery (especially if you have a slow connection you have to have a big time slot available to do more than that at one time).

Also I have to say personally that If I see more than say 4 layouts uploaded by one person I tend to skip over them all but one so as far as a newbie is concerned if they actually uploaded in smaller batches they would get more of my comments. I think this is the general case as if you look at those situations where lots of layouts have been uploaded by one person in one go, the hits on their views/comments figures is a lot less than the average.

SMAX you may be right, people may not read it, but then again they might! edited to add - just checked it out and it really is in an unmissable place so perhaps people might take note.
    A Bowl of Cherries - My personal blog

View Gallery

There are two bits of text in the Rules about the Gallery Uploads:

(this one is unchanged)
    The Gallery -- The Gallery is an AD FREE zone. NO advertisement of any kind is allowed. Do not post about a kit, post something you are selling, post a link to a retail site, and keep ads out of the title of the Gallery entry. Don’t say “Layout from the XXX Nov. Kit” Please limit uploads to the Gallery to 3 a day -- but we are sensible about this! If you did a mini book that needs 4 scans to show it in its entirety no one will wag their finger at you for the one extra page. But 50 pages from an album in one go is not allowed!
    (This one I added to to re-iterate the info from above)
    We currently have a limit on uploads or 3 per day but this is flexible -- if you have a 4 page mini book it's best to upload all 4 pages rather than 3 one day and one the next. A 10 page project, try to scan 2 pages to an image. A 20 page project, please DON'T upload all on the same day. Be aware that only layouts that have been assigned to the Main>Layouts category will display on the top line. As Scrapbooking is the primary focus of this site, we have chosen that option. But because we all love cards, tags, Altered Books, Circle Journals, and more, there are galleries for all of those things which you can view by selecting that category in the menu -- Just click MAIN and then the section you want to see. Be sure to select the correct category when uploading to ensure your layout gets displayed!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (79)

Omg

Wow! I din't know about this rule - I bet it was me that did it.

I am so sorry if I upset anyone - I will remember in future.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up. Mammy Hen's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    I have just uploaded an Lo and you can't help but see the "3 a day rule" as it stands out from the other wording on the page.

Mary
    Mary