Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper poppetsmummy's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)

QVC Outlet Stores?

Hi there,

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but I have just read something about QVC Outlet stores.

Does anyone know where they are?! I buy quite a bit from them, so would love to know if I can pick up a bargain!

Many thanks,

===

Tracy.

dazed and confused, mostly! jainethepain's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (124)
    There's two - and both a bit far from you, would be a day out at least! One is near Warrington and the other is at Shrewsbury in the Darwin Shopping Centre. I'm a regular visitor now I've found the Shrewsbury one and have had LOADS of bargains - but still buy off the telly too
    August ATC Swap
    September Tag Swap

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (22)
    my friend went to the Shrewsbury one recently and she got some fab bargains

Guess whose been to specsavers??? Ali M's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (50)
    Its a bit "hit & miss" in the Shrewsbury one...some visits its great and I can spend ££££ but other times is seems to be mainly old stuff thats been pilfered through!!!

View Gallery

Thanks for your replies - you're right about them being a bit far for me

I guess I'll have to keep shopping through the tv, and hope they open more outlet stores!

===

Tracy

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    The Warrington one is also very hit & miss- I live close to it and shop there every week but there often it is just rubbish that is in there.

On another forum I read that people return stuff after taking out the bits they liked, and also QVC allow you to return stuff part used so it is likely most packs will be missing something- but atleast on the craft items the price is already about 30% reduced and there seems to be a permanant extra 30% off craft stuff too in the Warrington shop. So overall even if afew bits are missing you get it for a very cheap price anyway.

Having said that I have got loads of kits that are missing nothing at all.

If you are making a special trip I have to warn you it looks something like a jumble sale and can be very very hit & miss.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Hi Tracy,

I don't know how far you are away from Camberley, but there's a nearby Sunday market at Blackbusche and there is a craft stall on there which apparently sells qvc returns. They have the odd embellishment and lots of rubber stamps, some tools and I bought a die cutting machine and heat gun from there in the past.
    It's not ideal, but better than a trip to Shrewsbury, and you might find you can get some bits and bobs for Christmas.
    HTH.
    Claire

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    Where in warrington is the store?

View Gallery

Its on the Birchwood shopping bit where Asda is, it's very hit and miss though sometimes you go there and there is absolutly nothing other times its like a treasure cave, I have had a few craft things from there but they are all in plastic bags and half the time I'm sure there are bits missing. My sister got a really good card making kit last time we went cost her £15 and the qvc price is £48 just before last christmas I got a crate of thomas pacconni glass baubles for £5

Scrummy Scrappers SLO=9, DLO=, CJ=, mini book=,Total= 90

If only there was more time to scrap caropen's Avatar
    View Gallery

Do you know if the Warrington store is open on Sundays?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (73)
    Just my personal opinion, but I find QVC over priced, and do you really want 50 sheets of almost identical papers etc. Maybe nice for a one off gift album, but not for general scrapping. A firend of mine spent £45 on stamps in a huge set...to never use them.

I live in Shrewsbury and I would say the craft section of the outlet shop resembles a rummage sale - torn packaging, stuff just piled up, paper with damaged corners etc....not the quality of stash I would want to buy.

You have to be very careful what you pick up. That said, my mum who is newly into cardmaking has picked up a few bargains, mainly inkpads, stamps and chalks...all more sturdy and less likely to be damaged.

Having seen QVC / Tim Holtz last week, I was searching on here and I found a number of sponsors carrying his porducts, including the new products at very good prices. I've been able to get exactly what I wanted, in the quantities I wanted.

I think my message is just to be cautious. I'm sure there are bargains to be had, but also many more to "avoid" on the way.
    Kathy

My blog- - updated 23 March 2016

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    We bought two Leap Pad Shopping trolleys (totally irrellevant (spelling?)) from bargaincrazy's online store and when they arrived they had QVC stickers on them!! Will check out their site and see!!

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by caropen
    Do you know if the Warrington store is open on Sundays?
    yes it is but as has been said you do have to be careful but if you are lucky you can get bargains, anything in a box needs checking and a lot of the craft stuff is in tatty packaging but you can be lucky

Scrummy Scrappers SLO=9, DLO=, CJ=, mini book=,Total= 90

If only there was more time to scrap caropen's Avatar
    View Gallery

Thanks for the warning. I will be sure to double check before I pay for anything.

View Gallery

Thanks for all your advice - and the warnings!

I do agree that QVC always sell things in big packs, and you don't always need everything. So probably cheaper overall to just buy the items I want.

Claire - thanks for the advice about Blackbushe! Haven't been there for some time, but it's not too far, and definitely warrants a shopping trip now!

===

Tracy.