Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper frenchie9920's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)

Sewing on paper bag books

This is probably a really stupid question, but how do you sew on a paper bag book?

I've got a sewing machine, but I thought if I stitch my patterned paper/cardstock straight onto the bag, it will come through the other side, IYKWIM. So do you stitch your paper, then stick it onto the bag, or stick patterned paper/cardstock to both sides, the stitch through both? Plus, if I do stitch straight onto the bag, it obviously has to be on the bottom bit of the bag, otherwise you'll stitch right through and have no pocket, right?

I don't know if I'm making any sense or not, I usually don't, but if anyone can help I'd be very grateful!
    Lots of love, Joanne xx

http://frenchiejo.blogspot.com/

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Hiya Joanne

I would stitch your LO (without it being stuck down in our paperbag book!). Then, when you have finished the stitching, stick the finished page in your book.

Hope you get it sorted !!!!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I'm with Janis - I stitch all my pieces together then place on the backing sheet. Very seldom I would put a finished layout through the machine to stitch (in case of disasters)!

Jules

Unreformed Stashaholic
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)

Stitching

Hello Joanne

I stitched my first zip onto paper this week for a CJ cover and discovered that you need to use a long stitch. Reason being I used little stitches and ended up effectively perforating the paper which I then had to stick back together on the wrong side with d/s tape.
    As for the original question if you have or know anyone with a free arm sewing machine - you know like you can put a sleeve in with - then you might be able to do it in situ otherwise the girlies are right best to stitch it and then stick down onto paper bag afterwards.

Good luck

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    I've made a ppb by machine stitching through the middle of the folded bag to bind it. I've only every stitched things separately then glued them into the book too. Great tip about using a long stitch length...I've successfully ripped paper making the stitch length too small. I have stitched directly onto a LO before (it's in my gallery) with everything held into place with repo herma. If you do that, keep the glue well away from where you are stitching or you really mess up your machine as the gluey needle makes the machine grind to a halt!