Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)

Family Tree help

I'm putting together a BOM for my Nan and want to include a Family tree, the problem is i don't know her whole family history so won't know how many boxes to leave at each level IYKWIM??? so is there a way i can do a blank one to start her off but leave it open enough for 'grey' areas, i'm only planning on going as far as her grandparents but i know somewhere along the line there were some divorces etc.
    Any help appreciated, thanks

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    Maybe use a sheet of the Karen Foster family tree paper?

Or I could print you out one with blank boxes from Family Tree Maker if you sent me the info that you do have. Either on white paper (you could chalk it after), or onto cardstock if you knew which colour you wanted.

Kel x
    Attached Images Attached Images

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)
    thanks for the offer but i think i'm best off leaving it completely blank for her to fill in, there are some odd situations that i could offend her if i put details in or even leave a box there for the info, the example you attached is brilliant - i hadn't thought of doing it list form - no need for boxes then!!
    thanks for the kind offer though
    kate

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    I thought of another non-linear idea that doesn't show up gaps as glaringly. If you make an actual tree (not a genealogical one)- maybe out of leaves from Quickutz or a punch, then details can be added as and when appropriate. One leaf might say: Jane Smith (grandmother) 1890-1945 and another may just say Jack Scott if the info is incomplete or the relationship is unknown or tricky. Plus it looks really cool.

Kel x