Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (34)

Just an idea......opinions needed

I am really wanting to go to a scrapbooking retreat but there is nothing near where I live.

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a scrapbooking retreat weekend at the peak district darwin forest log cabins? For a weekend it is £400 for up to 8 people in one cabin, but that includes 4 single beds and 2 double beds........

I just wondered if anyone would be interested and if it would be worth sorting out.....

Maybe 1 log cabin with 6 people, 4 single beds and 2 double with one person in each double. There are dinign tables and outside tables that could be covered with a cloth to use (could be dragged indoors so we could all scrap together) .......I have been to this place before so know a little about how it is set up etc.

let me know what you think
    Been away from scrapbooking for 6+ years

Me and My Daddy..... 4kidsat147's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (35)
    I like the idea..........not sure if the hubby would though.

View Gallery

In what way? that you were off to meet a load of strangers? The other way round it is to all gte our own cabins, drag hubbies with us and scrap while they all go to the little pub or they cazn all crowd round the xbox i usually bring with me (plays dvds etc)
    Would mean we would all have our own space and would cost more but might be an answer

View Gallery

Is around £200 for friday to monday on a up to 4 cabin....this obviously depends on what time of year it is.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (52)
    Ah was going to say a definite maybe until I read the Friday to Monday bit - the Fridays and Mondays are pretty hopeless for me as I have no-one else to sort the kids if I'm not here!

Just out of interest where were you looking at? I could possibly travel daily if it wasn't too far.
    A Bowl of Cherries - My personal blog

Me and My Daddy..... 4kidsat147's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (35)
    No I'm interested in a retreat.......just hubby won't like it but that's tough.( he'll be left with all 4 kids)

I'm due a weekend away. Sound like good fun.

I'd need to arrange quite a bit in advance though so as not to tie in with hubbies weekend on call. I also don't drive (too busy having kids), so I'd have to sort out travel etc.

View Gallery

Travel wouldn't be a problem as i could pick one person and her stash up (wont be much mnore room in my car after that)

Maybe suggest some times of year/dates and we can go from there. Would one cabin for all of us ( max 6 ) be ok or do you think we should say as many as possible and work out to have several cabins? Also not sure if they have a room we could hire (more cost though) or just use the biggest cabin adn put all tables together...also table space could be an issue so any suggestions apreciated.

View Gallery

fruitysuet - maybe you could come for just the saturday and the sunday....would be still worth it...

A weekday retreat is also possible and works out the same cost more or less for monday to friday.... I just assumed most people would want a weekend one.