Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)

best batteries for digi camera

i have two digital cameras and i seem to have tried every high powered battery going but its always the same- after a couple of shots they are completely dead.
    so does anyone have any reccomendations for a good battery for digi cameras

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (29)
    Sorry no! My Camera eats them as well! I seem to manage to get about a week from Mine. I have tried all kinds and have two sets or rechargeables which last even less time! Good luck with your quest!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (29)
    Re-chargeable ones are best Holly, you get a lot more use out of them.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    I use the HAMA rechargeable batteries got them and a charger from asda, I have three sets and some are always charging, the rechargables differ in amount of capatcity they have to the length of time it takes to charge and the out put you get from them, the higher the better, mine are 2300mAh and 2500 mAh. When i go out I make sure i have the set that have just been charging. plus the ones in the camera.
    hope this makes some sense to you,
    [CENTER]

View Gallery

yeah i have rechargable ones too, might invest in a better make

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (106)
    Re-chargeables.

My new one has an in-built battery (which obviously means it's re-chargeable), but my first takes 4xAA batteries. Ran out 3 sets on my first night of playing with it, only to be told by the store (Dixons) that digital cameras are one appliance they would strongly recommend rechargeables for... and they were right I've been using some 'non label' ones I got from Dixons and Argos without any problem.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (30)
    I have two sets of Uniross 2500 mAh and they last for ages in my camera. They do get used up quicker the more you use the zoom etc, but I always keep my car charger with me too and they recharge in no time.

Got them from Screwfix.
    Janice

errr.. how long have i been out of it? Kihaku's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (75)
    i use energser lithium ones - they last for ages and are fab
    Be creative every day *anam*
    My Blog

View Gallery

when i got my new camera in jessops they ahd an offer on- a charger plus batteries for £10 and you got a free more powerful set of batteries free. The assistant told me to use the ones included for the TV remote or some such but the 2000 ones free with work fine in my camera.
    For those in-between moments () I keep the Duracell M3 ones in my bag. They're not as good as rechargables but the camera does actually turn on and take pics which is more than it did with the rechargable ones I got from Staples, under advice I might add!

Bernie X
    Happy to CT for
    Aimee Harrison Design Studios, A-Liya, Creative Victorian Designs, Feli Designs, JoeG Designs, Maguette Scrap Design, SherieJD, Snickerdoodle Design by Karen & ViVa Artistry

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I'm lucky enough to have a dock for my Kodak digital camera and my daughter has a dock for her Fuji - they are great just stick the camera back on and it charges whilst not in use. Her Fuji does seems to keep the power longer than my Kodak but I can't complain.

Jules

The finest Morse keys in all the land! katiepops's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    7dayshop do a 4 pack of their own brand AA rechargeable batteries for the bargain price of £3.99 ... I got some not long ago and they seem fine.

Kate

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    Apparently with rechargeable batteries you need to let them run down completely before recgarging. They have a 'memory' so if you recharge them when they are only three quarters run down , that is all they will last for, (or something like that)

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (41)
    I use uniross rechargeables in my dimage and they last quite a while, but when we go out for the day i always take a set of duracell with me for emergencies
    i always let my batteries totally run down before i charge them.

niki
    I wouldn't change you for the world, but I would happily change the world for you. Nicola Girdlestone(1966-)my flicker
    My scrap blog

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    I've got Uniross rechargables too, but they don't seem to hold charge very well.
    Gordon claims that rechargables continuously lose charge, so even if I organise myself well, and charge them a few days before an event, they'll be half un-charged by the time I use them.
    Is that right: are rechargeables something that need to be charged up immediately before use? And do they gradually lose charge over time?

Otherwise, my camera is VERY picky about non-recharagebles, and will only work on Duracell, or IKEA own brand...needless to say, I use the IKEA as backups rather than Duracell (I'm mean! :lol)

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    I got my rechargeable batteries and charger from Jessops too. Really good. I always carry the set in the camera, plus 4 spares, though I've only ever had to put one spare set in for a full day out - and I filled two big memory cards that day.
    Liz