Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)

cant get a desk!!

i have tried for 3 weeks to buy a desk and do you think i can get one....

NO!!!

the one i wanted is in argos and its either sold out or only in bigger stores, so i changed my mind and opted for another one which was supposed to get delivered and never came, only to find out they had sold it to me and it wasnt in stock!
    so off to ikea it was which is such a journey from here and they didnt have anything like i was needing.
    ive spent 2 nights trying to scrap on the bedroom floor but the leg cramps and back pain made me give up!

i swear if i dont get a desk soon ill burst!!
    all i want is a simple desk that has a drawer or cupboard on it and preferably can be ordered online.the good thing is i keep buying stash and not being able to use it so my stash is looking great for now!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    have you tried viking-direct or staples
    Joanne, Scotland
    Likes and Dislikes My Blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    Argos are being like that at the moment- they have sold us a dinning room suite on home delivery and now (after 2 weeks) they sent us a letter saying its not in stock and we have to wait for them to get more. In the meantime they are happy to be gaining interest on my cash

Handbag, shoe and choco - holic! Bluemoonjules's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)
    I use the dining table (it is nothing special), but I actually have 2 desks in here (the 'spare' room). One is a corner desk with the PC on - which my dad made - and the other was a dressing table, but now has my sewing machine on it. There are lots of tables that you could use instead and get a chest of drawers to sit under it....
    - 6.25% Welsh -

He can find me in the moonlight anytime Mollymoo's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    Quote Originally Posted by yizzard
    Argos are being like that at the moment- they have sold us a dinning room suite on home delivery and now (after 2 weeks) they sent us a letter saying its not in stock and we have to wait for them to get more. In the meantime they are happy to be gaining interest on my cash

The trick is to write to them asking for your money back and indicating if you dont get the money back within 3 working days you will consider it a loan and start charging them interest......

It's a healthy eating plan not a diet ;) Nona's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (19)
    We brought a table top and seperate legs from Ikea for my desk and Im really please with it. They do varying styles and sizes. I couln't find a desk I liked for the right price anywhere. Would definately do it this way again.
    *** Fi ***

So much stash - so little room.............. katie squirrel's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (108)
    have you thought about trying a length of cheap worktop - with either cupboard underneath or breakfast bar type legs on... you can adjust the height then - my DH has cupboards with the legs really low with worktop across in the study - works really well and was just the basic take away kitchen units, and a bargain length of worktop....
    Katie x
    Scrapping Challenge 2010: 52 LO and cards, 12 weekly challenges, complete UFO's
    Swaps: Fluv's recipe swap
    CJ: Jerseyscraps All My Own Photos CJ

2010 Progress: 16/52 LO 32/52 cards - 0/12 weekly challenges - 0 UFO's 25/4

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    yeah kathleen i would do but DH says its not just a craft room its to be a spare room too so it has to be more like a pc desk! stupid guests(not that we ever have any!!)
    i also dont want to get an expensive one as i will have it wrecked as soon as i get it

So much stash - so little room.............. katie squirrel's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (108)
    ha! that was my DH opinion until he decided he wanted the little room all to himself as the "study" so we ended up buying new 3 piece suite with sofa bed for the guests that might arrive once a year!!!! Wish I could find my desk under all my stash - am sure it will collapse soon!!!

good luck with the search!
    Katie x
    Scrapping Challenge 2010: 52 LO and cards, 12 weekly challenges, complete UFO's
    Swaps: Fluv's recipe swap
    CJ: Jerseyscraps All My Own Photos CJ

2010 Progress: 16/52 LO 32/52 cards - 0/12 weekly challenges - 0 UFO's 25/4