Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Cover me in Sponge Cake then a layer of Jelly add Fresh Cream and call me a trifle maddy's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (31)

Question for those with craftrobo

have you really made use of it , has it justified its price to you ?

Yes i know all about the arguments on fonts etc, but have you really used it enough .

Guess who is thinking about it , but its a huge outlay for me and i am weighing up the pros and cons very seriously ( or as seriously as i ever can be )
    still HRH Maddy

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    Oooh, join the club! I've flogged my quickutz for this and by 'eck, am I going to use it! lol..

I watched Zenia at SM4 cut loads and loads of stuff out for every layout she did (it seemed!) and even some great tiny little journalling in letters that you couldn't possibly attempt by hand. Dead impressed

Will watch replies with interest...

dazed and confused, mostly! jainethepain's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (124)
    I'll let you know how great it is if mine EVER arrives! Damn foolish courier company can't find my house I do NOT live in the middle of nowhere, I'm on a LONG street in a big village!
    August ATC Swap
    September Tag Swap

Never mind substance, let's go for style! Sally R's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    Well to be honest...............no!

But that is because of the state of the house. We are decorating and de-cluttering prior to selling and the damned thing isn't set up and accessible. Once I achieve that perfect state (when, Oh when?) I know I will use it and use it.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (27)
    DH is trying to convince me to sell my QK for a robo. I can see the pros but the thought of it sounds so technical to me - unlike my QK where I punch and go he has even said if I sell my QK he will make up any short fall for Christmas. Me thinks he just wants a new gadget to play with.

Waiting with interest on this thread....

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    I have to agree with Sally..........I haven't used mine enough but thats only because I haven't had any time to even think about scrapping...........but then i never did much scrapping before I got it due to lack of time............if I had my way (and more time) I would scrap all day and use it loads............so go on Maddy, treat yourself!!!!!!
    Jules

My Blog
    finally updated!!!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    Wouldn't part with mine now - I use it loads and LOVE it

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (22)
    I wanted to test this when I got mine. I brought mine over the summer when I priced up the cost of Frankie Classic and realised that my bonus would be better spent on a CR but the DH wasn't sure...

So what my DH did was stick a chart up in the office and we work out the cost per letter (so my first word was 5 letters long - making the value £70 per letter) - After 3, nearly 4 months I am down to about 55p letter - which is about on a par with some of my QK alphabets and probably better value that others. This, will only get "cheaper" as I use it more. Although I have to factor in a new carrier sheet as Carrier Sheet + Cat sleeping on it = hairy carrier sheet + not as hairy cat

Is it worth it? Yes I think it is in the long run
    Would I buy one again? Yes I would

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (18)
    Saving at £20 a week to buy the Craft Robo, should have a enough by the begining of February. Not selling sizzix/quickutz until I know that I wont need them.

Nina

I am the penguin, Koo koo ka choo __TJ__'s Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (32)
    id answer but im too busy playing with my CR! LOL once i sold my sizzix dies etc i made back enough to pay myslef back for the robo anyway.
    i have used it to make a snowflake ( didnt involve any work, just used a wingding) cut hundreds of titles, made car stickers, made hexagonal cards with the persons name cut out the front. i know someone why has made a láce template with it so she doesnt have to cut the thing out anymore and i have made some ovely writing paper with a butterfly 90% cut out ( so it is still attached but looks like it has landed on the page) and i havent even started on printing things and cutting them out yet

love my robo.
    I Live in Canada I got three kids, two dogs and "some" hens. 🐓 oh and three goats!!! And I make cheese now. Blessed are the cheesemakers. 🧀🐐🐐🐐🦆🦆
    "Not worse is almost as good as better" Terry Pratchett speaking about altzimers, but it works for Aspergers too.

On a mission to make the world sparkle sammykaye's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    I wouldn't be without my CR I have to say. I sold my QK and alphabets to fund it. It's so much more versatile, not just for fonts but different sizes too. Dingbats make shapes very easy to cut and the freedom to draw your own shapes is great too.
    I have to admit though, sometimes I wish i didn't have to turn my computer on to use it.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    I love mine too! Only had it about 3 weeks so it hasn't paid for itself yet- but it will before long!! go for it!
    Jilly
    Member of the Moxley Massive
    Scrapadoodledivas

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (45)
    I love mine too. It paid for itself (in value if not monetary terms!) when I had to make an album for someone, 20 DLO's each with a title and I would have run out of just about everything had I tried to use stickers or rub ons and QK is sometimes too big or too small. I could use the same font throughout and adjust the size & colour accordingly. Love it.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)
    what are the running costs please? i gather you use a carrier sheet and a blade that need replacing, any idea how often i'd need to replace them if i averaged say, 2 titles a day?