Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)

Why do you go to the NEC

Just wondering what propels you to attend the major craft shows.Is it to get things at discount price, to see what is new, to watch demonstrations or something else. I go religiously, every year to Birmingham to see what is the latest technique, mainly with rubber stamps. I do look for a few bargains though.
    Just curious
    Katrina

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    I go cos its there I like to look, touch, feel and watch and of course buy - even if I don't intend buying I will always come away with something. Most of all I go to meet likeminded people and to meet up with friends from all over the country. Have fun I know we will
    Hugs Chris xx - target weight reached 06/12/2010
    MY BLOG Photobucket Album my photoblog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (90)
    Yes I go to shows cos I like to see stuff in the flesh. Card and papers do look different sometimes from on websites and you cant tell what weight and texture they mgiht be unless you fondle them.

And then there;s the impulse buying....

Hoping to go tomorrow but it depends on wether I can persuade my friend to take me cos I dont want to drive all the way up to B'ham.
    :-)
    ally

Swaps: None at the moment.
    I've joined the blogging revolution - http://serendipitypapercuts.blogspot.com/

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    i've been 2day best way to see whats new and to watch demos they used to do masterclasses and workshops but they only seem to do those on stands now ...shame

'We sabotage our diets to allow us to eat what we want Lynne W's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    yep I go to stroke and fondle too!! it might be cheaper on the net but its not the same!. In fact for me it is definitely cheaper on the net! As part of the deal of me going we are taking DF's kids out for the afternoon (they live in Walsall so not too far from the NEC) which will no doubt include food, then are meeting up with his older Kids and their partners which will definitely mean food!!. And then cos all this will take up a whole day we are going to have to put the dog in the kennels and stop overnight so I can go to the show on Sunday!!
    Points? what are points!!

My Pad hop by and say hi!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    For me it's a great day out with my youngest daughter (also a scrapbooker) and a chance to see lots of goodies 'in the flesh'.
    Liz

"There's no point in being grown-up if you can't be childish sometimes." EmmaG's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (36)
    Good to see and stroke stash, internet is sometimes cheaper but not idea of the quality until stroked it.
    Liftoffs CJ
    There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (49)
    A whole day away from DH and DS, apart from the ride there in the car as they are going to the car show.

Oooh, I love a bit of cake! missbounce's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    It's a chance for me to have a WHOLE day out on my own, revelling in the scrapping goodies without having to worry about boring the sox off my hubby. Love just spending hours looking through all the beautiful papers and touching the embellies. Can't wait for Sunday!!!

Kanga
    How often do they do these?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    they do them spring and autumn at the NEC. I go to buy!!! I need to buy lots of stash to justify price of ticket and car park.................well that's what I tell DH.........not sure he believes me tho! As I only live half an hour away it would be wrong not to make the effort wouldn't it????????????
    Jilly
    Member of the Moxley Massive
    Scrapadoodledivas