Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

New Silhouette machines coming soon

New Silhouette machines coming soon - some nice new features
    https://www.silhouetteamerica.com/fe...roduct/cameo-5

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Thanks Shirley for posting.

Tempting for some. If I was younger I might be tempted but I have not used my Cameo 4 for ages and still use my Cameo 3 for what I want to do.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Neries View Post
    Thanks Shirley for posting.

Tempting for some. If I was younger I might be tempted but I have not used my Cameo 4 for ages and still use my Cameo 3 for what I want to do.
    I still have my 3 as well as the 4 but haven’t used the 3 for ages so I think it’s time to sell it. I am tempted by the C5 especially for the heat/foil pens and emboss facility and I could then sell my Curio as well as they all take up space. I still sell my designs so I do use the C4 on a regular basis.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    My original Cameo gave up and has been dumped but I prefer my ScanNcut so it's not for me but thanks for sharing Shirley.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirley Anne View Post
    I still have my 3 as well as the 4 but haven’t used the 3 for ages so I think it’s time to sell it. I am tempted by the C5 especially for the heat/foil pens and emboss facility and I could then sell my Curio as well as they all take up space. I still sell my designs so I do use the C4 on a regular basis.
    Shirley do you think the embossing will be any better than the Curio and still have mine? Along with a Scan n Cut I bought as it came with an embossing kit, but found it was no better and I much prefer my Silhouette machines.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Neries View Post
    Shirley do you think the embossing will be any better than the Curio and still have mine? Along with a Scan n Cut I bought as it came with an embossing kit, but found it was no better and I much prefer my Silhouette machines.
    Don’t know Neries as I haven’t seen an example yet. I guess it will never be as crisp as an embossing folder but it won’t need the spongy mat like the Curio so it will be interesting to see how effective it is. The other good thing is that you can use sketch pens in tool 2 again just like the Cameo 3, that’s something I really missed with the 4 not being able to sketch and cut in one operation. The foil tool looks really good too, you just pop it in tool 2 and it heats up, no extra cords but I’m guessing it won’t be cheap. The machine looks really different so I won’t rush straight in when it becomes available over here - will wait to see what my Beta Group make of it as most of them are in America so will get the machine first. I’ve never been tempted by the Scan n Cut so can’t really compare but I do have Canvas Workspace on my PC just to open my svg designs to make sure if they look right before I sell them as quite a few Scan n Cut users buy them and I think it’s really poor compared with the Silhouette software.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Crumbs I'm still using my little Portrait which I do love but this looks good, need to see it in action.

View Gallery

I'll be staying with my ScanNcut.......... at least for now

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

So glad this is here as I am really stuck.

My iMac is so old I can't up date after one more download but the problem is the Silhouette the original, yes that old, has new software that my Mac can't take even when I do its last update. In other words I need to get rid of this latest version of Silhouette Studio 4.2.457ss and take it back to version 3.8 or some such thing. I've looked on SilhouetteAmerica or somewhere (chemo brain is rubbish, simply can't hold info for any length of time) and it mentions legacy versions. Can anyone tell me if and how to get rid of this new version which won't be compatible with my Mac unless I buy a new one (not happening) because at present when I try to use the Silhouette it just says unavailable.

I can't tell you how grateful I would be if one of you can help. x

View Gallery

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks Doreen I saw that legacy version but my brain isn't working at present it looks so complicated. Will print it off and try when or if things improve. Thank you so much.

View Gallery

I hope you manage to sort it Susie
    Last edited by DJG; 06-02-2024 at 04:45 PM.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Silhouette don't seem to know which software will run with Catalina, why, aren't they the experts! I have three versions in applications which were working but now when I click on them it tells me to up date them and that's the last thing I want. Anyone else got any ideas? I really don't have the energy for all of this it is wearing me out. Without this I lose the use of all those design downloads!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Anyone got an old version sitting lurking on their Mac please? And, why was the last version still working until about a year ago. I've tried using it now but it won't have it. I have three versions and they all want me to update so anyway to ignore that please?

View Gallery

Sorry you're having such a problem. I don't use a Mac but the software is quite large so even if someone has a version you can use with your Mac I'm not sure how they would get it to you Susie