Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)

Challenges for 2023

Ladies it is that time of year again to ask about our challenges moving forward to 2023. It is no secret that take up of challenges has been very low of late so we need to discuss moving forward.

At the moment we have the following challenges every month …

Fortnightly challenges set by members on a rota
    Monthly challenges set by Sue, Alison and I
    Twisted scraplift set by Alison
    Colour challenge set by me
    Sketch challenge set by Sue
    Friday 5 … set by Karelyn and Shelia and being temporarily also set by a group of volunteers at the moment
    Shape challenge being set by Gill at the moment
    Quote challenge set by Margo
    Snap challenge organised by Alison

Then the ABC and chain link just sort of exist

Plus we have 2 monthly card challenges run by Nat and Yiayia

So, what do you, the members, want to see? People who set, do you want to continue? We will all understand if you feel you have done your bit and would like a break. Do you want a different system for challenges. At the moment no one records points any longer.

I don’t think the fortnightly challenges will continue as there are few active members to volunteer so I think that has seen it’s day, but what about the others? Do you want them to continue? Are you not bothered by challenges? Would you like to see different things?

Over to you … please do express your opinions.
    Last edited by scrapdolly; 11-11-2022 at 01:26 PM.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    And don’t forget the two card challenges set by Nat and Yiayia

I wasn’t sure there would actually be a UKS in 2023, it’s sadly gone so very quiet now. BUT if we will still be here that’s fab

I like to have a set of new challenges at the beginning of each month, I know I don’t get many done but I do try, and I love to have them available here.
    As you say, I don’t think we need the fortnightly ones anymore, and maybe not the monthly ones which were initially house challenges, but the others would be nice to keep if people are happy to continue.

I’m always happy for new challenges too but I’m rubbish at ideas so won’t be much help there x
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

So many photos, so little time g61's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I second a lot of what Alison has already said. (I disagree that you are 'rubbish at ideas' though, Alison!)

I avidly note every challenge, more in hope than expectation these days, and I'd certainly miss them. I have just had all our summer holiday photos printed (and some of our new DGS), so I still have plenty of scrapping to do, I just struggle to find the time, no idea why.

Anyway, I do wonder if rotas for more of the challenges would work? It might be easier for people to commit to just a month at a time rather than a whole year? Would love to hear other people's thoughts on that.

(For what it's worth, I do still keep a points tally of my own LOs, just for my own interest.)

Thanks again to you Karen and all the others behind the scenes (MaryAnne, Sue...) who do so much to keep this site going for us all to enjoy.
    Margo

I'm a member of Scrap Happens, in the Blue Brads House

CARD MAKER AND CR OWNER
    View Gallery

Hi Karen. I would be happy to do the "Card challenge No.2" again if people would be interested. But I must say that I have noticed that enthusiasm to join in has waned lately. Just let me know your decision when you have time please.

View Gallery

Hi, firstly I'd like to thank Mary Ann, Karen and Sue, and all the people setting the challenges. I personally am struggling to keep doing the Friday 5 so would be grateful to drop that, the take up of this has really dropped off, and with what I have going on in my life now, I can't always commit to doing things on a weekly basis. I don't bother with points any more, even for my own interest and I've not done very much scrapping this year. I would like UKS to continue, but that all depends on cost etc., and other members.