Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)

Let’s Complete an Album !

Morning.
    I know there are a few of us who have ‘some’ unfinished projects in our possession
    Holiday albums, wedding albums, baby albums, Scottish word albums, annual albums,……… I know you’re out there !

Wouldn’t it be nice to complete one and enjoy that sense of achievement.
    We don’t want to pressure ourselves too much and stop enjoying the hobby but I do think it would definitely make me feel less overwhelmed if I could actually see something through from start to finish.
    I won’t list the albums I have started and have not got very far with for one reason or another as it will be too depressing so I’m going to be positive, get organised and finish something………

Who’s with me ? I thought if we can talk about it, share what we’re up to and cheer each other along it would be fun…..
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

View Gallery

I’m going to start easy to get me going, with a small 8x8 gift album I started for my SIL in 2020, I ran out of time to give it as a Christmas gift then I lost interest and set it aside. This is an easy one to complete , it’s just random photos I have of her taken over the years, just thought it would be nice to put them all together for her, and it’s her birthday next month so I shall loosely aim for that as a deadline.
    I might make up a little kit to help me get it done
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

So many photos, so little time g61's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Thank you for this, Alison - I'm in.

I'm currently working with photos from a trip to Barcelona in 2017. However, in a recent batch of photos that I got printed, I got one from last Christmas time, which really, really needs to be scrapped - and soon!
    Then there's the albums of my DC's school photos, using photos from 1995 to about 2017. Eeek.
    We're going to become grandparents next month, which will mean a whole lot more photos to scrap! Any tips from you grandparents about keeping up with that?

I think your idea of a kit is the way to go, Alison.

Anyway:
    I commit to completing my Barcelona album by the end of this month.
    I commit to scrapping that last Christmas photo by the end of this month.

There! Now you can all hold me to account!
    Who else is in?
    Margo

I'm a member of Scrap Happens, in the Blue Brads House

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    What a great idea.
    I need to finish my Cornwall 2021 album so commit to doing that.
    I also need to finish my summer staycation album (well as far as summer has gone so far)
    I also need to finish my Coast to Coast alums (4 so far but more not done

View Gallery

Count me in. I've got holidays dating back to 1993, and never been scrapped. I've sorted the photo's and memorabilia for the first one Paul & I went on in August 1993 to the Cotswolds. The was before we started living together, and at the time I thought well, this will either make or break us, and a month later I moved in to his house and spent 23 happy years together, so I think it's safe to say it made us! I'm thinking of just doing maybe 2 double pages for each holiday, I haven't got room to store an album for each holiday - there have been too many. What do the rest of you do??? Any idea's would be gratefully received especially how to choose what to scrap because when I go away I'm a prolific photographer and take 100's of photo's. This is what I've been sorting out to take to the retreat in October. I've found several layouts that I had made and not sorted into albums so I've put some of those away, and now I'm going to try and find some more photo's to finish my album about me.
    Last edited by Crafty Lady; 18-08-2022 at 05:14 PM.

View Gallery

Brilliant ! Thanks ladies, I’m looking forward to seeing your pages and albums coming together

Margo, don’t put too much pressure on, the end of the month isn’t far away !
    Exciting having a little one coming, that’s soon come round. I’ve made/am making a ‘first year’ album for each of mine, I made a simple kit for each one so it’s easy to pick up a photo and make a page. The first 3 albums are 12x12 but as you know Evelyn and Mikeys are A4 and I’ve really enjoyed doing them. The cocoa vanilla papers have been perfect. I’ve tried to include monthly photos, photos of family, firsts, handprints, and just photos I love. I didn’t feel I could continue doing separate albums for them all after their first year, I just put any pages I make in my annual albums and they can be separated out in the future if they want.

Karen, wow 4 albums for your coast to coast trip, that’s a lot of pages ! You must be scrapping almost all your photos !!

Sheila, your Cotswold holiday sounds a lovely place to start, two double pages per holiday sounds doable. I would go for the highlight of each trip, and any favourite photos

I take loads of photos too and struggle to sort them and decide what to scrap, hence I have hardly printed any of them. I have three big holidays to scrap, they will have just one album each and I aim to focus on the highlights of the trips, I’m just trying to decide which one to get on with first. I will have some fancy pages and some simple multi photo pages so I can get plenty in. I will also try and print some smaller size photos too in order to get more in.
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    I'm another one with lots of unfinished albums (I don't know if I've actually completed any )
    I have 3 Disney trips to finish and they are already 2 albums each (and there's no way I'll scrap all the photos). The last trip there were 3 of us taking photos so you can imagine how many there are to sift through
    I have school albums too Margo
    I also have a few December Daily/journal Your Christmas albums on the go and a few others of various things
    Last week I started scrapping out holiday from 2018 which isn't a separate album but will have a few pages. I've done 6 so far but I need to print some photos and I think get some more papers so I think that might be my first project.
    It won't get done straight away as we're off to Rome next week so more photos to scrap LOL
    It's nice to know I'm not on my own with the unfinished projects
    Good luck to all of you

View Gallery

Thanks Alison, I think some of our holidays will need more than 4 pages but I'll decide that at the time. I've also been sorting papers and photo's to do my album. I'm doing an album about me and doing the pages in decades with journalling telling the story of that decade. That is the one I will concentrate on getting finished but I'm not putting a time on doing so.

View Gallery

How’s everyone getting on ?

I’ve managed a couple of simple pages, will try and photograph them soon.
    I have decided that along with the three baby albums I’m working on, oh, and my yearly album, I am going to prep my South Africa photos and memories ready for the retreat in October. It’ll be nice to have some uninterrupted time to get going with it
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

View Gallery

I've been sorting photo's and papers to finish my album about me. I have also been sorting a lot of holiday photo's ready for the retreat. I might take my album and do some of that at the retreat as well and try to get it as up to date as possible.

View Gallery

Alison, thank you for checking up on us!
    I'm making very slow progress. I'm still on my Barcelona photos, though I won't meet my self-imposed end-of-month deadline. I think I'll keep going with those until I'm done (whenever that is), do my missing Christmas LO, then switch to something new.
    Margo

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    I have done quite a few over the last few days for the Cornwall album.

The coast to coast was a month long holiday and covered 22 states and some awesome places like Route 66, Niagra and the Grand Canyon, Chicago, Montreal, Ottawa New England in the fall, so still loads and loads needed

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer tigerlady's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    I would like to get at least 12 Scottish words in my album before the end of the year.
    Also I will try and scrap at least one branch of my family tree as far as I have documented. Again, if I say the year end, hopefully I will get some done.

Team Leader of Scrappycats My blog

View Gallery

Great to read about everyone's progress, however slow and steady that might be. The good weather is keeping me from my scrapping for now.
    (Hilary, I've popped a couple more words on your other thread.)
    Margo

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    Well done everyone on the progress you're all making
    I've been away this week so nothing happened I've just got more photos to scrap and another album to add to the list
    That sounds like a wonderful trip Karen. It sounds like it might need more than one album
    Hilary I'd be interested to know how you're scrapping your family tree. My Mum has quite a lot of old family photos and I'd like to scrap some