Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Thread: Worth a read

Norfolk - just at the end of the yellow brick road
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Thumbs up Worth a read

Melissa at the Shilhouette School blog has posted some interesting information regarding the future of the Silhouette machines, with regard to the Cameo3 and the Cameo4. Can't link to it but it is easy enough to find online. The post is dated 16th May.

Andi

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Yes definitely worth reading Andi

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Thank you Andi - surprised that the Cameo 3 is to eventually be discontinued considering its only been out 3 years. I suppose whatever you buy becomes obsolescent almost as soon as you buy it these days.
    Sylvia x
    My Blog

Norfolk - just at the end of the yellow brick road
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by SylviaF View Post
    Thank you Andi - surprised that the Cameo 3 is to eventually be discontinued considering its only been out 3 years. I suppose whatever you buy becomes obsolescent almost as soon as you buy it these days.
    Yes, I must say that this will be a surprise (shock, even) to some folks Sylvia. Obsolescence is built in these days.. I remember my Nanna taking items to the repair man in the town when they broke down, and said items lasting years; those guys were worth their salt. I see the sense in what Melissa says to a degree, but will the Cameo3 become irreparable due to lack of spares? Graphtec are super at getting our machines working again but they can't if they haven't the means to do it. A bit of careful thought needed, methinks. By the way, my printer seems to be okay again (I ALMOST wish it wasn't cos I really don't love it!). It was an issue with a USB hub, and just proves how you can be fooled by false results on things. Have a good weekend all

Andi

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Glad you're able to print now Andi