Hello ladies and gents, I am posting this on this part of the forum because you all have the same needs and issues as I do for your card making, and I trust you all because you won't be trying to sell me something for your business purposes, so I hope you'll "bear with" whilst I explain. I currently use an Epson printer/scanner/copier. I must be honest and say I've never really liked it much - I took my eye off the ball when I bought it and it really just won't handle thick card - basically anything thicker than about 160gsm (just occasionally 200gsm will go with a bit of a struggle). It is a top loader and the card edge gets caught on the feed mechanism and jams. I've tried running a brayer and/or a bone folder along the leading edge of the card I'm printing to try and thin it down and soften the edge so it doesn't catch but to no avail. Now it's not working properly so I can legitimately look for a replacement. My question to you is, what printers are you using and what is the max gsm that it will take? Ideally I need one that will load card from a tray at the front or back (even if there is also a top feed for normal use - actually that's probably a bonus). It is quite difficult to get the media spec from the manufacturers, our card making requirements are a bit more specific - I do quite a lot of 3d work, as well as the normal card making, and the card for that work needs to be robust to maintain shape etc as any of you who do it will know only too well. Print and cut on my Cameo is affected to an extent too. I'm really hoping you can assist - just printer names and models will allow me to go off and have a look round online. If this draws a blank I mayl repost on the main site.

Thanks for reading and, in advance, for any help you can give

Andi