I Feel Like UKScrappers Tonight.
 
 
 


Royal Garden

by g61

June Sketch

by Maggie B

Friday 5. June 7.

by Maggie B

Adventure Awaits

by Mary Buttons

Weekly June 3.

by RED HEAD

Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!



Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

Graphtec UK banner

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 86
  1. #46
    CARD MAKER AND CR OWNER
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    1,517
    View Gallery

    Trader Rating: (0)
    Thanked 47 Times in 31 Posts
    Oh Ellie - that is lovely and will be much appreciated I am sure. Seems to hit just the right note.

  2. #47
    Dedicated Scrapper Lillyicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    176
    View Gallery

    Trader Rating: (0)
    Thanked 21 Times in 14 Posts
    Oh thats lovely, I am sure it will be appreciated.
    Passionate Card maker and Die cutter.

  3. #48
    Dedicated Scrapper RED HEAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    25,121
    View Gallery

    Trader Rating: (1)
    Thanked 1,958 Times in 1,213 Posts
    Thank you ladies
    Ellie

  4. #49
    Crafty Lady Crafty Lady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Norwich, Norfolk
    Posts
    1,508
    View Gallery

    Trader Rating: (0)
    Thanked 291 Times in 211 Posts
    Oh Ellie, that is so sad, and the card is beautiful, lovely thing to do.

  5. The Following Users Like This Post

    RED HEAD (10-05-2019)

  6. #50
    Dedicated Scrapper
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    8,130
    View Gallery

    Trader Rating: (0)
    Thanked 1,190 Times in 909 Posts
    That is lovely Ellie and they will definitely appreciate your kind thoughts. I hope he is okay, doesn't sound too good though as you say.

    Must say, I like the way you've cut the top frame off the main die, great idea and leaves more room for the Thinking Of You die.

  7. #51
    Dedicated Scrapper bramblepie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Barrydale South Africa
    Posts
    13,019
    View Gallery

    Trader Rating: (90)
    Thanked 687 Times in 490 Posts
    Beautiful beautiful card Ellie Hope he be ok

  8. #52
    Dedicated Scrapper RED HEAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    25,121
    View Gallery

    Trader Rating: (1)
    Thanked 1,958 Times in 1,213 Posts
    Thank you ladies.
    Susie, thanks for the Dies, really useful. Yes I cut the frame
    in order to get the sentiment in. I don’t think it detracts from it .

    Ian is now unconscious, and his wife has signed a DNR form, so it’s
    just wait and see now.
    Ellie

  9. #53
    Dedicated Scrapper
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    8,130
    View Gallery

    Trader Rating: (0)
    Thanked 1,190 Times in 909 Posts
    It doesn't detract at all and it makes it more versatile so good thinking. Those little sentiments that fit in the frame you cut out can be a bit of a pain as you have to print up whole sheets of the. Well, you wouldn't have to but that is just more messing about.

    Oh just read the last part of your post, that is awful. They usually know how deep a coma is don't they. With my friend they told us she would not be able to recover and would be gone within hours and she was. Have they said what they expect to happen or does the fact that the DNR form has been signed answer that question? Let's pray he can pull back from this.

  10. #54
    Dedicated Scrapper RED HEAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    25,121
    View Gallery

    Trader Rating: (1)
    Thanked 1,958 Times in 1,213 Posts
    They haven’t given much hope. Said as he is so fit that they couldn’t put a time line for it.
    But it could be days, or weeks.
    40% of people die. So not good.
    Ellie

  11. #55
    Dedicated Scrapper
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    8,130
    View Gallery

    Trader Rating: (0)
    Thanked 1,190 Times in 909 Posts
    That also means 60% of people live Ellie, so let's hope he is amongst the 60%, after all, his fitness will go one of two ways. Keep him going longer with a possible recovery because he's strong or keep him going longer with no hope of recovery. I remember for mum the thing that kept her alive so long with Alzheimer's was having such a strong heart, that certainly didn't go in her favour, she just suffered for longer. The not knowing is so hard and such a cruel thing to have to bear.

    When hubby was told recently that he had a 35% chance of dying of a heart attack in the next ten years, he decided to look at it the other way, that he has a 65% chance of not having one. When they took out cholesterol and kidneys as a contributing factor it only reduced his risk to 28% so mostly it is down to old age creeping on.

    I am definitely a plan for the worst, but hope for the best kind of person.

  12. #56
    Dedicated Scrapper RED HEAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    25,121
    View Gallery

    Trader Rating: (1)
    Thanked 1,958 Times in 1,213 Posts
    Yes you are right there. But of those that survive about 60% will have
    some form of brain damage. Ian would hate that. He’s one of those people
    who if he can’t do it himself , he will try and find a way to make it work.
    He was a sail maker, and made sails for people even when he retired.
    Can you remember that photo that I showed of Johns boat with the
    orange canopy? Well Ian made that.
    They did say at the hospital that if he hadn’t have had such a strong
    heart, he would be dead now !!!! That’s what his wife fears, that he
    hangs on.
    Ellie

  13. #57
    Dedicated Scrapper
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    8,130
    View Gallery

    Trader Rating: (0)
    Thanked 1,190 Times in 909 Posts
    I can fully understand that Ellie. As I said, if mum hadn't had a strong heart she would and should have been dead years earlier, it would have been so much kinder. It is one of most people's greatest fears I think, to live and be unable to do anything for oneself.

  14. #58
    Just hand over the chocolate, and nobody gets hurt. thriftycrafter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kessingland Suffolk, UK
    Posts
    798
    View Gallery

    Trader Rating: (7)
    Thanked 36 Times in 33 Posts
    Only just found this thread but perfect timing as I'm about to make a new baby card for a girl.

    Thinking of you Ellie, a tough time.
    Happily Scrapping for Scrap Happy

  15. #59
    Dedicated Scrapper RED HEAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    25,121
    View Gallery

    Trader Rating: (1)
    Thanked 1,958 Times in 1,213 Posts
    Thank you.
    Looking forward to seeing your card
    Ellie

  16. #60
    Just hand over the chocolate, and nobody gets hurt. thriftycrafter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kessingland Suffolk, UK
    Posts
    798
    View Gallery

    Trader Rating: (7)
    Thanked 36 Times in 33 Posts

    there we are, I spent an hour and a half procrastinating, but at least I emptied a bag of thing to be put away or binned, then got on with this. As ever I started to work straight on the card and wished I'd done it on a piece and stuck that on, I'll learn sometime, only been doing this 30 odd years !! Lol
    Happily Scrapping for Scrap Happy

+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Papermaze Country View Crafts Graphtec UK Memories & Photos Foil Play
Crafts 4 Eternity
ATDML banner

Click HERE for additional Sponsors


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:50 AM.

Search
The Library (& FOTW)
Blog Bits Archive
Facebook Page

Challenge & Class Links

Weekly: Team Challenge
House Challenge
Card Challenge
SNAP Photo Challenge
Simple Recipes
Project Life (& Printables)
Scrap Like You Mean It Reboot

Charmed Cards & Crafts sky

Latest Group Posts
Declutter Your Home
2019 is the Year to Declutter
by Cris
03-06-2019 09:46 PM Go to last post
The Green Buttons' House
GB Weekly Challenge March 25th 2019
by Maggie B
25-03-2019 07:09 AM Go to last post
The ADVENTurers 2017
Christmas day
by kimmie_35
07-01-2018 10:37 PM Go to last post
The ADVENTurers 2016
On Christmas Day ...
by lebosi
29-12-2016 03:55 PM Go to last post
Ali Edward's December Daily
December Daily 2016
by beanpole
04-12-2016 10:30 AM Go to last post
The ADVENTurers 2015
On Cristmas Day, Santa gave me ....
by Natoni
28-12-2015 07:16 PM Go to last post
View All Groups



Graphtec Sky