After Sunset

by g61

May week 3

by sharon1973

Friday 5 - May 17th

by sharon1973

May week 2

by sharon1973

Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Photography Forum

Notices

ATDML banner

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Scrapping is my hobby Housework isn't Mary Buttons's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,184 Posts
    Good morning Snappers
    I keep forgetting to post this photo
    5FD56356-5DA2-4156-BD32-9303BD923778.jpeg
    When I had a small bridge camera I took a photo like this and wanted to see if I could get the same results with my phone but this photo is not as clear
    Scrappycats Team Green Button house
    My Blog Mary's Musings

2. The Following Users Like This Post:

elainevking (16-05-2019),Susie.A (15-05-2019)

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Thanked 1,913 Times in 1,180 Posts
    Still a lovely photo though Mary.
    Ellie.
    Does 20 yrs count as old? I have one of my Dad and his first GGS, on his first birthday.
    ADACE160-33BA-403D-A6F3-69356CAD3001.jpg

4. The Following Users Like This Post:

elainevking (16-05-2019),Susie.A (15-05-2019)

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (90)
    Aww
    it does count Ellie how lovely loved the cake too Glad Freddie returned
    Beautiful shot though Mary from a different angle
    that could be an idea for the challenge I will pop back there now and look again
    I have tried to post 3 times but got broken off now I forgot what I was going to say
    I loved all the perms yes everyone had the same hairstyle that or the purdy do you remember that one
    Maybe I should have said show your scruffy best I am the same I have a tshirt on that was clean a on a few hours ago and filthy now
    Hope you feeling better Alison
    Sheila you look like your mum

I ts a beautiful day here in mid 20's like an English summer

Scrapping is my hobby Housework isn't Mary Buttons's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,184 Posts
    About as warn or maybe a little warmer that here then denise
    Scrappycats Team Green Button house
    My Blog Mary's Musings

View Gallery

Yes Mary March -May its like this most days my fav time of year though yesterday it did pop into 30 again got a bit too hot
    I went to the Dr's yesterday but had to see Dr for a repeat prescription but got myself into a right frenzy worrying about it I have white coat syndrome
    DH had gone to the Dr last month he exact opp from me and met this Dr and said go to him which I did and although my heart was pounding my blood pressure up I liked the Dr and his manner and your advice ladies when Sheila brother went to Dr helped ladies I had written a list !!!so all in all the experience was not too bad thank you
    I do have a blood pressure machine and should and will check it more but dont like to go on tablets unless forced but just saying the word BP to me sends it up I think

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 901 Posts
    My sister had the same problem with her blood pressure Denise. She'd go to the doctor and have White Coat Syndrome but I'd tested her BP at ours at Christmas and it was perfectly normal. Of course, she got herself into such a state over it that each time it was checked it was right up but fortunately, the doctor realised and told her to borrow my machine. She did and I told her it would take a while for it to settle down because she was expecting it to be high it would be and it was. After about a week of using the machine it started to settle down and it was fine.

My neighbour's been told by the hospital to get me to do his BP once a month at home. That way I can make sure he hasn't exerted himself and isn't so stressed about it and it does work. Even my BP shot up at the eye hospital when they told me I had either a bleed or a polyp but weren't sure how deep it was. I wasn't expecting that result and instead of my BP being say 111/70 it was up to 148/83, I told them what it is normally and they must be used to this happening because they weren't bothered. I check it later at home and it was much lower.

I've managed to give myself a fine old bout of gastritis. I took aspirin yesterday and normally I'm given gastro-resistant obviously this wasn't. Later at bed time I took Ibuprofen, big mistake, I was awake all night with terrible stomach pain so it is omeprazole now to see if it can calm it down. In between I'm taking gaviscon and sipping milk, so far nothing is really working. I'm a bit like the dog the other week but so far without the blood I hope. All I was trying to do was control the stupid pain and it still didn't work. So annoyed with myself but desperation will make you do stupid things.

Another lovely day her so we are going to try and cut back some of the things that are so overgrown we can't put the bedding plants in. The mallow and lipstick plant to name but two. I left the babies out all night lsst night, the tomato plants. They are huge bit a frost could still kill them off.

Talking of killing things off, we are finding a lot of baby birds dead in the garden. These are birds that have just hatched. I've found three so far and my neighbour has found them in her garden too. She is convinced the starling were raiding the nests but I must say, I haven't seen any starlings recently only sparrows which I suspect these babies are. It is so terribly sad.

View Gallery

Oh dear Denise. It’s very common, this white coat syndrome.
    Why were you worrying about a repeat prescription ? Hope your BP has settled.
    DH is a bit like that, not at the Drs but if he has to go to hospital ( which isn’t a regular occurrence)
    his BP goes sky high !!

Susie sorry you are in pain. I can’t take Ibuprofen or co- codamol.
    Have you got any Lansoprazole, I find that good. Sip lots of water.
    Hope you feel better soon. If not it’s the Drs for you .
    Talking of Drs I phoned ours for a test result today, and
    she said I needed to consult the Dr. She could only offer me a
    telephone appointment, next Thursday at 5 pm...
    What a farce!!
    Ellie

View Gallery

Poor baby birds Susie isnt that sad
    Hope you feel better soon
    Hope it be all ok Ellie thats a long wait
    My teatime food run takes me longer another mouth to feed I empty the different tinned foods once opened into little tupperware containers tonight there where all those with all the dishes piled up more than ours
    Jack not a big lover of any wet foods tried him with different ones and always give him a little to go through the motions so he not left out but he does eat hills dried

View Gallery

Such ideas for portrait shooting always inspire me!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I don't think I said earlier, I love the photo's. Love the way you took the shot of the flowers Mary.

Ellie that is so lovely to have one of your dad with his first GGS. By the time my dad's first GGS was born he was too ill to hold him sadly. When he was dying my niece whispered to him that she was expecting his second great-grand child, it was really moving at the time.

I feel a little better this evening Ellie thank you and I'd already tried to get an appointment on-line with the doctor but there were NONE available. Not sure what that is about. I was given Lansoprazole a while ago but I'll use hubby's Omeprazole for now. It is so hard trying to be sensible though.

Managed to get the front garden cleared and chopped a lot off the castor oil plant which brings light into the garden. The first flower opened on the Californian Bluebells so I took a photo, it will probably be blurry but I'll post it later. As soon as we get the borders sorted I can start planting. I put in one of my Cosmos this evening, only because I was weeding grass out of the border and accidentally pulled out a small cosmos I'd planted. That's the sort of thing hubby would normally do. Anyway, it wasn't that big so I popped it in a pot for now and put a bigger one in its place.

Then I chopped some of the lilac tree off and topped the pieris, they are all getting too big and taking light of the garden.

That is a long wait for a telephone appointment Ellie, especially as it is test results, you want to know now.

Is Hills the prescription food Denise? If it is its expensive stuff or it is here anyway.

View Gallery

Thanks Susie, yes Dad lived to see all his GGS grow up.
    He used to keep their thank you notes pinned to his fridge.
    You have done a lot of gardening today, hope you won’t suffer for it tomorrow!!

I thought it was a long time too.
    Ellie

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Suffering now but who cares. I might try some of your DH's drug of choice tonight. Just got hubby to massage my back and I've put loads of magnesium oil on it and I'm going to smother my knees in it too. I've just rubbed it all over his back - what a pair!

It is a long time just for a telephone appointment, I would normally and also get a call back the next day. I think the problem with our appointments is, well actually scratch that I don't know what the problem is. I might check again now and see if anything is available or they may come available after midnight, not sure how their system works. I know if I'd rung up they would have given me one even if it is in a few weeks time.

Can you ring first thing and get a spare appointment or maybe even a cancellation?

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

meant to say, your dad was a handsome man wasn't he Ellie.

View Gallery

Morning all.
    Lovely sunny day here.
    Hope you don’t ache too much Susie.
    Yes Dad was a handsome man. He was 76 in in that photo.
    Ellie

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

By the time got his first grandchild he was 92! What a lot of slackers his children were.

Off to the vets again for the laser treatment. I was trying to find someone who does it for humans but so far nothing in the North West. There are some places further south so I rang one yesterday and they are going to see if they have heard of anyone in this region. The pain wasn't too bad first thing this morning Ellie. Hubby did his magic massage and then I covered myself in magnesium oil even my knees which were hurting, I think I mentioned this last night. So fine first thing but when I got up later my back and down my right leg was killing me, it's eased again now but that could be the pain killer.

Anyway, we won't be gardening today so hopefully the weather will be okay for tomorrow to get some more done.

Did you manage any sleep Ellie or are you still having to get up all night?

+ Post New Thread
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast