Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Re Beta updates

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Re Beta updates

Just to let you know that beta versions of the software have been temporarily withdrawn due to an issue which was causing the Task Bar to disappear with Windows 10. It has only happened to me a couple of times when double clicking a file to open it when Studio is already open so I am still using the latest beta but if it does happen to you you can get the task bar back by opening Task Manager ( Ctrl+Shift+Esc) then right-click "Windows Explorer" and select "Restart" to restore the Task Bar.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Oh thank you Shirley - I am not using beta at the moment as there have been so many updates, I thought I would let things settle a bit. It's very useful to know these things though - thank you.
    Sylvia x
    My Blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Thank you Shirley

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Thanks Shirley, that explains why it happened to me a couple of days ago. I thought it was a problem with my computer. While looking at how to fix it I found a setting of 'lock the task bar'. Not sure if that is why I am ok again with it.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Neries View Post
    Thanks Shirley, that explains why it happened to me a couple of days ago. I thought it was a problem with my computer. While looking at how to fix it I found a setting of 'lock the task bar'. Not sure if that is why I am ok again with it.
    I thought it was my computer too until until it was flagged up in the Beta Testing Group, apparently it happened to some of the other members using earlier beta versions but it only happened to me with the latest version. They are working on it and hoping o get a new version out as soon as possible.

View Gallery

Haven't had this problem as I'm on a Mac and still using v.4.1.441 but thanks anyway.
    Shirley

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Shirley Anne View Post
    I thought it was my computer too until until it was flagged up in the Beta Testing Group, apparently it happened to some of the other members using earlier beta versions but it only happened to me with the latest version. They are working on it and hoping o get a new version out as soon as possible.
    Oh dear it's just happened to me again. Hitting alt, ctrl, escape does not bring my 'task manager' up, but alt gr, ctrl, delete does, but for some reason task manager looks different than it did last time I used it. Off to try again.

View Gallery

[QUOTE=Neries;6725738]Oh dear it's just happened to me again. Hitting alt, ctrl, escape does not bring my 'task manager' up, but alt gr, ctrl, delete does, but for some reason task manager looks different than it did last time I used it. Off to try again.[/QUO

Think you used the wrong keys Neries try Ctrl+Shift+Esc or Ctrl+Alt+Delete either of those shoud work but the first one is better

View Gallery

Shirley as soon as I found Windows Restore in the Task Manager it worked. Thanks for your help to et it back.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Neries View Post
    Shirley as soon as I found Windows Restore in the Task Manager it worked. Thanks for your help to et it back.
    Pleased you got it back. I find I only have the problem if I double click on a file from my Documents to open it - if I use File>Open from the software it's OK but it is a bit of a pain and I hope they sort it soon !!

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Shirley Anne View Post
    Pleased you got it back. I find I only have the problem if I double click on a file from my Documents to open it - if I use File>Open from the software it's OK but it is a bit of a pain and I hope they sort it soon !!
    Shirley not sure what happened the first time but today I opened a file, went to close the tab and clicked on 'quit' instead. Studio closed and my task bar vanished.

I have been downloading images of owls, elephants etc from adult colouring pages, dropping them into Studio, tracing ready to foil. I am finding Studio is slow to then save with the top message of 'Studio not responding' so have to wait and wait. Also the same when I have released the compound path so I can edit. I have learnt to be patient or Studio crashes. So far have not included a fill into these images as I am thinking Studio would definitely crash.

Changing from my old computer running Vista has not meant Studio runs any faster on a Windows 10 computer.

View Gallery

Thanks for this Neries I’ll mention to the development team in our Beta Group about the task bar disappearing when you clicked quit so they can investigate it. Not sure about your other problems though as I don’t find Studio runs slow, have you got plenty of memory on your PC as I believe tracing can be quite memory intensive. I do know that the tracing feature is a work in progress though so maybe there will be some improvements available soon. Could you tell me what version of the software you are using please.
    Last edited by Shirley Anne; 09-04-2019 at 09:50 AM.

View Gallery

Thank you Shirley. I have had the task bar disappear a few times now but it usually comes back on its own once Studio has completed whatever it is doing. I have never had to use the task manager yet to sort it out. I have had the same problem as Neries though and the program is closing itself down quite often because it is not responding. I have plenty of spare memory on my computer so know that isn't the problem and it usually happens either when I try to erase something or release a compound path. Don't know if that is any help at all.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Jampot View Post
    Thank you Shirley. I have had the task bar disappear a few times now but it usually comes back on its own once Studio has completed whatever it is doing. I have never had to use the task manager yet to sort it out. I have had the same problem as Neries though and the program is closing itself down quite often because it is not responding. I have plenty of spare memory on my computer so know that isn't the problem and it usually happens either when I try to erase something or release a compound path. Don't know if that is any help at all.
    Thanks will pass it on to the team. Could you let me know what version of the software you are using please.

View Gallery

Sorry, I have only just had a chance to look on the thread since this morning. I am using version 4.2.279 of the software and the Business Edition. I hope that helps, it's great to know that you are passing on our problems.