Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pixscan

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

pixscan

Decided to treat myself to one of these. Oh my, how many photos does one need to take to calibrate. Seems like i been doing it for hours. keeps saying retake making sure dots are aligned and bright enough. I have a 100 watt daylight bulb and flash on!
    Anyone any ideas please
    Maureen x

View Gallery

should add first time i used it i emailed my photo to my laptop. i asked pixscan to import it which it did. I set the cut lines and proceeded to cut. It did cut the shape i wanted but about an inch above the actual shape. So i thought maybe cause i needed to callibrate. I am using an iphone5, which on further reading may not need callibrating. i didnt move anything on the mat after i took the photo, just loaded it to cut. puzzled as it obviously did everything i wanted except the cut was way out

View Gallery

Just found this online!?
    If you use Gmail to email, be aware that it may strip the EXIF data from the photo of dots, which can cause problems.

Not a scrapper, a card and boxer.
    View Gallery

Not been brave enough to use mine yet.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Hi, I had bother with mine as well, the way I got round it was to scan it in, it was a decoupage sheet I wanted to cut out. I don't know if that helps , I ended up doing it that way because i couldn't do it with my phone either.
    Last edited by cattiegracie; 28-02-2019 at 03:08 PM. Reason: spelling
    Grace I'm getting there, 1 step at a time

View Gallery

haha
    I was on the verge of looking at a scan and cut but decided to go the pixscan way, as i am happy with my portrait.
    I buckled in the end and did a print and cut. I get perfect results everytime
    Not tried the scanner yet, cause i would have to put half in and then come downstairs and scan half and go up again to do other half. Laptop downstairs printer and scanner upstairs.
    I have emailed silhouette, see what they come up with.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    When you take a photo of your dots
    1) put the paper on a dark surface and use a lot of light
    2)take the photo at roughly the distance you would use to photograph what would be on the mat
    3)You do not need to take the whole sheet of paper - justfill your screen with clear dots
    4) When photographing your pixscan mat, make sure you have the whole mat in your viewfinder, if you miss a bit off it will fail. It wont mater whatelse you have on the desk. It also helps if there's a good contrast behind the mat.
    Hope that helps. When it works, it's brilliant.
    Sheila

View Gallery

Recieved this back. I am working through the video. Seems easy to follow.

Thank you for contacting us. My name is Heather and I will be helping you with your questions or concerns.

It sounds like you have questions about using Pixscan with your Portrait. I am sorry about any frustration this may have caused!
    This is most commonly caused by the image being imported into the software. The photo should be retaken with the following items checked, and corrected if necessary, in order to correct this concern:
    The mat is on a flat surface
    No zoom is used
    Lighting is even
    The entire mat is not clearly visible in the image
    The PixScan™ mat is clean and flat (no bent corners or edges)
    The PixScan™ mat covers at least 30% of the image area
    The intended image on the mat is contained within the black cut border

Please also ensure the steps to import the image are being completed correctly. These steps can be found here,

http://www.silhouetteamerica.com/faq...xscan-overview

The following video class is fantastic for learning all about Pixscan: http://www.silhouette101.com/archive...can-like-a-pro

If you have any questions about Pixscan after view that class, please let us know!

Thank you,
    Heather U.
    Silhouette Support Team

View Gallery

thank you grannyscrap, i took about 27 photos and it wouldnt accept any. lighting excellent, dots aligned etc. am wondering if my phone is already in the software as was mentioned. Will have another go, wont let it beat me. Maybe i missed something.
    The video class from silhouette was very good.

View Gallery

I asked silhouette if my iphone 5 was already calibrated and they confirmed. This is what she said:

Thank you for your email. You are correct, Pixscan should already be calibrated for the phone model. Please do watch that class on Pixscan, it is very helpful in narrowing down the issue.

Hope this is helpful to someone.

View Gallery

I hope you get it sorted. When I first started to use PixScan, it just would not work with my phone, no matter what I did but it was fine with my big camera. (I have a Samsung phone) but when I first updated the software to 4. something I tried my phone and it worked fine and has eversince (fingers crossed, lol, I haven't put the mockers on it), so who knows!
    Sheila

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    I don't think I've ever used my Pixscan mat although I did do the calibration ok with my phone but I've got a different one now and haven't tried that but print and cut isn't something I do

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by liverbird View Post
    Recieved this back. I am working through the video. Seems easy to follow.

Thank you for contacting us. My name is Heather and I will be helping you with your questions or concerns.

It sounds like you have questions about using Pixscan with your Portrait. I am sorry about any frustration this may have caused!
    This is most commonly caused by the image being imported into the software. The photo should be retaken with the following items checked, and corrected if necessary, in order to correct this concern:
    The mat is on a flat surface
    No zoom is used
    Lighting is even
    The entire mat is not clearly visible in the image
    The PixScan™ mat is clean and flat (no bent corners or edges)
    The PixScan™ mat covers at least 30% of the image area
    The intended image on the mat is contained within the black cut border

Please also ensure the steps to import the image are being completed correctly. These steps can be found here,

http://www.silhouetteamerica.com/faq...xscan-overview

The following video class is fantastic for learning all about Pixscan: http://www.silhouette101.com/archive...can-like-a-pro

If you have any questions about Pixscan after view that class, please let us know!

Thank you,
    Heather U.
    Silhouette Support Team
    Thanks for that Liverbird, I watched the second link on your post, and I found it very informative, from me trying to help you, you have inadvertently helped me, so thanks for posting your reply. Grace x
    Grace I'm getting there, 1 step at a time

View Gallery

Doreen, I rarely use the mat for PrintNCut, but the mat is soo useful for using smaller pieces of card. I stick them on the mat, take a photo and then drag the shapes onto the pixscan and then cut. It makes using up odd shapes and bits so much easier. I love my mat.
    Sheila

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Quote Originally Posted by grannyscrap View Post
    Doreen, I rarely use the mat for PrintNCut, but the mat is soo useful for using smaller pieces of card. I stick them on the mat, take a photo and then drag the shapes onto the pixscan and then cut. It makes using up odd shapes and bits so much easier. I love my mat.
    Didn't even think of that Sheila. A very useful tip thank you