Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)

printing outlines

I was looking for the option to print the cut lines, as it is straight lines I wanted to use my guillotine instead of my Cameo, I did also check out my print preferences but I can't find the info anywhere, any ideas anyone?
    Grace
    Grace I'm getting there, 1 step at a time

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by cattiegracie View Post
    I was looking for the option to print the cut lines, as it is straight lines I wanted to use my guillotine instead of my Cameo, I did also check out my print preferences but I can't find the info anywhere, any ideas anyone?
    Grace
    Grace have you tried changing the colour of the cut line? If that does not work what about using a pen or pencil to mark out your cut lines?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Maybe make the cut line slightly thicker/wider

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Grace have you enabled the cut lines to be printed in the Line Style window, see screen shot. If so and you are still having problems perhaps this may help https://www.silhouetteamerica.com/pr...-a-studio-file
    Print Lines.JPG

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

AS Shirley says in the line menu set to Print lines of selected shapes. I then usually Set the lines I don't want cut to "no cut" in the SEND panel. Cut the rest out then use the guillotine to cut what I want to do by hand.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    oh Ladies I'm so sorry, I solved it myself and then promptly forgot I had asked the question, so, profuse apologies.
    To make up for my forgetfulness I shall explain what I did in the hope of helping others.
    But firstly thank you Shirley, that is exactly what I was looking for, I've just checked it out I know exactly where it is now, so thanks again Shirley.
    Thank you to Cariad and Doreen and Neries for your suggestions.
    I was printing photos to put into frames, so I wanted the edge of the photo cut with my guillotine.
    I made my square the size I wanted and used the OFFSET to make another square a millimetre bigger, then opened MODIFY and highlighted them both and then clicked on subtract, and used a fill colour and there I had a line I could print for cutting away from the Cameo. I know it was a long winded way of doing it, but it worked for me at the time.
    Just goes to show, that after 10 years, I'm still the amateur, even though I use my Cameo at least once a week, it's never put away, I might add that I only make cards for friends and family and sometimes charity, and I'm so glad you ladies are out there.
    Grace
    Grace I'm getting there, 1 step at a time

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Not to worry Grace as long as your problem has been solved. Thank you for the explanation.

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

You are welcome Grace, pleased to hear you got it sorted.