Train spotting

by scrapdolly

One Room

by scrapdolly

March 2019 Wk 4

by alison 2

March week 4. Always.

by Maggie B

Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Photography Forum

Notices

Charmed Cards & Crafts banner

Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Susie, no I haven’t yet, it’s just some more 12x12 card I want for scrapbooking on, I like a cream or white background, white is easy to get but cream is harder to get in bulk.
    Still faffing with what to do with wedding invites, need to get on with them soon !
    Alison

SNAP 2019 BTCR 2019

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Thanked 1,137 Times in 863 Posts
    That tree is amazing, what is it do you know? I was reading about Yews and how they lay down branches in that manner to support the roots. Unfortunately, someone in their wisdom decided to cut off the branches on the ground which destabilises the tree. Nature is so clever.

Where do you usually buy your cream card stock from?

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

After hubby stopped laughing at your photo Elaine he said he could read the dog's mind and he was thinking 'Sausages.' I don't know if you would remember this it was a thing from the 70's I think.

4. The Following Users Like This Post

alison 2 (21-02-2019)

Scrapping is my hobby Housework isn't Mary Buttons's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Thanked 1,725 Times in 1,099 Posts
    Good morning Snappers
    I remember the sausages it was on an Esther Ransom programme the dogs owner held its beard as it made a sound and it came out like a gruff sausages
    Scrappycats Team Green Button house
    My Blog Mary's Musings

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    Thanked 1,281 Times in 865 Posts
    I remember it too..and the advert where the dog said ‘Walls’ aswell. I still repeat it now sometimes. Lol
    Magnificent tree Alison. I noticed you’ve been Pinning wedding invites on your boards.
    Sunshine here today. Must finish the drawers though. I got the spare room done yesterday and the office. They are staying until at least Friday...I got all the cabinets in place in our room and now I have to transfer all the stuff from the old drawers to the new ones. They look better than the old one. The front of my bra drawer fell off last week so it looked terrible! I can’t say I particularly like Mum’s ones but they serve a purpose. I’m hoping to have all new bedroom furniture and built in wardrobes next year so they will do for now.
    I initially gained a lot of weight..3/4 of a stone when Mum died..now I’m trying to shift that..and more.
    SCRAP HAPPY TEAM MEMBER My Blog
    BTCR tally = 10
    Joint Hse leader

View Gallery

I went to SW last night and lost 2.5 lbs, really pleased. Good Luck this week Elaine. Love the tree Alison, it's amazing. Nature is a wonderful thing, I think.

View Gallery

Well done Sheila. It’s not easy!
    BTCR tally = 10
    Joint Hse leader

View Gallery

Elaine, tell me about it. I had lost 12.5 lbs before Christmas but because of the upset of my friend's DH dying I didn't go for several weeks, then re-joined in the new year and I'd gained 10.5 lbs. I've now lost 5 from when I rejoined in January.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Well done Sheila! When I was doing the 5:2 I only lost about 2lbs a month. I started on the 20th Jan and by the Christmas I'd lost 2 stone and because the diet seemed to completely reset my metabolism, I didn't put any weight on over Christmas and by January had to stop the diet because I was down to 7st 11lbs, which was too skinny even for my small frame. When I was 30 I was only 7 stone but as you get older you need that bit of extra weight. Anyway, I let myself go up to 8 stone and that's where I like to stay now and that's without any exercise other than pottering about the house. The point is, slowly but surely does it and if I am out and eating things I wouldn't normally, I allow myself to get to 8.3 and then I drop back to 8stone. I think it is so much easier to lose a few pounds than half a stone, it's all psychological at the end of the day.

Anyway, as Alison knows, I was out at Burleydam today because they are closing the craft shop. I found out from Sue when she was posting on the sponsors shopping thread yesterday. I was devastated because we used to have such a lovely time there. I'd potter round the craft shop and chat to the lovely ladies and hubby would sit and drink coffee and work his way through all the newspapers and usually have a scone. Sometimes we'd have a meal but it was our little treat as you know after going to the hairdresser's. Before that we used to visit Brimstage Hall but the craft shop there closed down, now our fun afternoon is gone - I hate change.

Alison, I took your number with me on the off chance they had any cream card stock but all the bulk buys had gone. I wanted some of their linen card stock but she said it was the first to go. I can still get that elsewhere. Anyway, I've got yours singly as you know and it is lovely sturdy card too and it will go in the post tomorrow if that's okay. Apart from that, I only bought some gorgeous champagne gold glitter card, one that doesn't rub off and an ink pad. It's sad because they had all the latest trends in too but it seems although they ran classes, people would pay for the lesson but then buy what they'd used on-line instead of in the shop, which seems rather unfair and they had some good teachers there too including Rosemary Merry. I was on the look out for any cheap Kaisercraft but it looks as though that was the first to go, so I was thinking of all of you.

When we came out hubby actually said "Is that all you're getting?' He must have thought I was going to buy up the shop. Forgot to take my camera so no photo's.

View Gallery

That’s sad Susie it seems that all the craft shops are closing and the only way is on line
    I used to be 7 stone went to 7st 12lb after my second child and there I stayed until mid 50s now I am over 11 stone and don’t seem to have the will power to go on a diet
    My Blog Mary's Musings

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

To be honest Mary, it is all down to how you feel about yourself. If you are happy at that weight and it isn't causing you any major health problems then I wouldn't worry. I have familial cholesterol and keeping my weight down seems to be a bit of a help with that although being 'familial cholesterol' it's a battle I'll never win and I won't take statins. I wasn't happy about the weight I'd put on, I didn't feel like me and I didn't think it would help my pathetic energy levels carrying extra weight. The 5:2 was the first diet I'd ever done that not only worked but has continued to work. I was concerned I'd end up with diabetes though and having watched some of my neighbours with that and since most of the weight had gone on round my middle I decided to trying something different and it was great. But if you are comfortable as you are and you certainly seem to be, then I wouldn't worry about it. You certainly don't look as though you are around 11 stone.

I was really shocked because I thought business must be okay with all the craft classes they were running and they do lots of crafts for kids in the holidays, but if people then don't buy then what can you do. My great niece and nephew start crafting as soon as they get in from school it seems. My niece sent photo's and they hadn't even changed out of their school uniforms, I think it's wonderful.

View Gallery

Good morning Snappers
    I think I ought to try to loose some weight as I am struggling with my left knee now, not badly but loosing some of the excess would help.
    My Blog Mary's Musings

View Gallery

Morning all.
    I’m a yo-yo dieter. I dream of being 11 stone Mary...it’s below my target weight but if I do get there I’d be dancing around with joy. I’ve lost 12.5 lbs since I joined but that’s only really losing the weight I’d gained in a small space of time so that’s always easier to lose. Now I’m trying to lose the weight that’s been there a while, it’s getting harder. I certainly don’t think I’m going to do my 2lb target this week..but as long as I lose it’s good. It’s a lifestyle choice, not a marathon so I may not get my stone award this week but at least I’m heading in the right direction.
    Such a shame about the BUrleydam shop. It’s getting harder and harder to find bricks and mortar shops. There seems to be more people taking up crafting of some sort yet the shops are still closing at an alarming rate. It can only be because of online shopping. I confess I am guilty of that as there is no choice around here.
    BTCR tally = 10
    Joint Hse leader

View Gallery

My Blog Mary's Musings

16. The Following Users Like This Post:

alison 2 (21-02-2019),elainevking (21-02-2019)

View Gallery

Bet no one else will have this one!!!

Fat Fingers... just had my rings cut off....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    BTCR tally = 10
    Joint Hse leader

18. The Following Users Like This Post

alison 2 (21-02-2019)

+ Post New Thread
Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast