Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper princess fiona's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)

Scrapbook Recommendations

Hi everyone,

I have been out of the scrapbooking scene for far too long and I have promised myself to do much more this year. I have been asked to make a scrapbook for my brother’s big 60 and hopefully this will motivate me to get back into my craft room. I am from the old post-bound scrapbook era but looking around now there are so many more options out there. I fancy a D ring style for ease but would like one without the plastic protectors as I want a more interactive feel. Any recommendations for a scrapbook suitable for a male and if it has a nice display box with it that would be a bonus. 😊
    Susie X

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    I’ve used the Paperchase spiral bound ones a couple of times for gift albums. One had a box but by the time I’d filled it the box wasn’t big enough. The album pages are about 9x9. The first one I scrapped directly onto the pages in the book but I’m not very good at doing things in order so it was a struggle.
    You will need to tear surplus pages out as it would be sooo fat if you used them all !
    For the second one I have scrapped on 8x8 papers which I will put in order and stick in once I’ve made them all
    You can get similar ones at hobbycraft and the range, and they do 12 x 12 books too so you can please yourself

As there are no page protectors I only scrapped on one side and left the facing page for journalling, or just left blank.

I’ll find some pictures to share with you if you’re interested.
    Last edited by alison 2; 03-01-2019 at 10:07 PM.
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

Dedicated Scrapper princess fiona's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)

Yes please

Quote Originally Posted by alison 2 View Post
    I’ve used the Paperchase spiral bound ones a couple of times for gift albums. One had a box but by the time I’d filled it the box wasn’t big enough. The album pages are about 9x9. The first one I scrapped directly onto the pages in the book but I’m not very good at doing things in order so it was a struggle.
    You will need to tear surplus pages out as it would be sooo fat if you used them all !
    For the second one I have scrapped on 8x8 papers which I will put in order and stick in once I’ve made them all
    You can get similar ones at hobbycraft and the range, and they do 12 x 12 books tools you can please yourself

As there are no page protectors I only scrapped on one side and left the facing page for journalling, or just left blank.

I’ll find some pictures to share with you if you’re interested.
    Thank you that would be useful. Been out of the scene for so long that I need some inspiration
    Susie X

View Gallery

Ok, sorry for the wait. Here’s my two albums, for my two sons weddings.

First one the pages already had a border and I stuck things straight on to the page, and am writing a little bit on the facing pages...

8DEF491F-A8BE-4090-AB33-D778A1439252.jpeg
    262A5A6D-1A04-4EAE-8E85-159F6A34359A.jpg
    B56B8CBB-39E2-44C6-B70B-52725B6A20D6.jpg
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

View Gallery

And the other one I have been making pages on 8x8 backgrounds so I can decide the final order of them when I’ve finished...

50C28F4D-2F68-4DFA-B948-E112404895DE.jpg
    7D48DB76-DB59-4D09-9E34-3364D8B70496.jpg
    C857D513-1734-47E4-B763-46E8D5F04D67.jpg
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (60)
    Hobbycraft sells a similar spiral bound album