Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)

Whatever happened to chalk inks?

I have been 'out of the loop' for a long while, but always used to ink the edges of my projects with chalk inks. I liked the fact that they dried quickly, and so whilst I did invest in some distress inks at some point, found that they stayed 'wet' for too long and were less suitable as well as being transparent rather than opaque.

My old cats eye chalk inks have dried up, but nobody seems to sell them any more. What are the alternatives these days, any thoughts please?
    Tina

Paper addict extraordinaire Mystik Nat's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    I rarely use chalk inks these days as I do a lot more stamping with clear stamps and chalk ink is always a pain to get off and clean completely compared to dye inks.
    But I used to like the Prima brand chalk edging inks. I bought the full collection and if you can still find them for sale somewhere they're worth a try. Otherwise Tsukineko make a chalk ink in their popular DewDrop format. This form of ink is called VersaMagic and is still widely available from what I've seen.

Distress Oxides also have a chalky finish to them and can be used for lots of techniques, but I find them quite wet for edging unless with an ink blending tool, and the price point will be higher as they are full-sized ink pads. But they are worth checking out just in case it's something that might work for you in different applications.

~ Natty ~