Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (60)

View Gallery

Today I am sharing a wreath I did a while ago made with paper poinsettia flowers pinned into a polystyrene florist's ring.

I hope the instructions are attached as a pdf

wreath.JPG

Christmas Wreath.pdf
    Last edited by MiniOwner; 25-11-2018 at 01:59 AM.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    Oh my goodness Sue that is absolutely amazing

View Gallery

What utterly brilliant ideas for advent calendars Alison ... I love the Lego idea. My husband is 50 plus tax and he’d still love it

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    There’s still time to make a Lego calendar ladies

Lovely wreath Sue, and the instructions look very clear, will have a go if I can find some time, great way to use up some papers x
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (48)
    Great Ideas for advent calendars Alison and what a beautiful wreath Sue.
    Just spent 2 days making a December Daily Diary for my GD. Rebecca, She records her E.O.T.S antics, its a great way to encourage her to write a little every day.
    Chris
    Jigsaw Christmas Decoration swap. A.T.C. coin swap(2 groups)Christmas stocking Swap.
    Twisted Sisters AJ CJ.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by alison 2 View Post
    Do you have a link to the quiz Tina ? Sounds like a good idea
    Not yet, I did have a look yesterday but they haven't put it up yet; will post a link as soon as they do.

Love those advent calendars!
    Last edited by MiniOwner; 25-11-2018 at 01:08 PM.
    Tina

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    That wreath is stunning Sue.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by scrapnanny View Post
    Just spent 2 days making a December Daily Diary for my GD. Rebecca, She records her E.O.T.S antics, its a great way to encourage her to write a little every day.
    Ooh can we see a photo?

View Gallery

I have done Journal Your Christmas so many times. I do love it but one year I did a twist on it and dis an A - Z album of what Christmas means to us. I did 8" x 8" in a special album and did a page for each letter of the alphabet. It was great fun and more generic than doing a daily journal for a change.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    That is fantastic Karen, love that first LO.

View Gallery

Lovely album idea karen, an ABC may suit me better than a daily journal which I’m rubbish at keeping up with
    Are your alphas a stamp set ?
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

View Gallery

Yes a very very old stamp set

View Gallery

It’s fab ! Great for an ABC album
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

scrapping in the sun (or snow) Maria in France's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    aww some lovelly ideas here ladies.... loving the sound of Sues sock game, love your sparkly advent Alison and i will have a go at the wreath if i can get a foam ring.... will have a look in town tomorrow. thanks for the instructions. I also love the idea of a scrapbook for the ABC challenge.... i often do those layouts and it would be a nice idea to do a whole album, i may do that i think.

Well i havent really got anything to show you but i have got a heartwarming christmas story for you.....

About 8 years ago i was dreading Chrismtas after losing a family member, a husband and then a dog! ive never liked it much, my family is all too spread out to spend time together then and it really isnt nearly such a big thing over here. Anyway, I was utterly dreading it that year.. My teamie Susibee sent me out here (to France) the most beuatiful advent parcel with 24 beautifully wrapped presents - the postage alone cost her over £15 and i was so very touched. i will always remember it. I made a layout of it (ages ago, see pic below) , but the comfort it gave me was more than the sum of its parts.... she had put a load of mini dairy milk bars in too.
    010 (600 x 594).jpg

A few years went by and i had various fortunes, up and down moments and various christmases,including one where i took myself off to Tenerife to try to avoid it completely, but i was still a grouch and my poor teamies kept counsel with me and sent me vairous things like christmas cards saying 'warm winter wishes' (that was ScribbleMonster) and generally put up with my bah humbug attitude,

Well a couple of years ago I met my lovely Jean Louis (who i married in June this year) and all of a sudden last year I found myself looking forward to Christmas but well, it isnt a big thing here as i said, and traditions arent the same.... I embraced, for once with great gusto Miniowners christmas countdown and made several of the projects, but was a bit stuck on supplies having been such a grouch for years that i had no christmas paper or motifs or anything. I badly wanted to have a go at making Sues Christmas crackers, but was stuck for various bits of that too, and then there was scrapdollys post about the elf on the shelf, a tradition that had completely passed me by.... Anyway, imagine my joy (it actually made me cry) when i received a huge box from Miniowner (i am lucky enough to be in the Bijoux Belles and have Sue as my teamleader) FULL of christmas supplies including papers, bangers for the crackers, christmas hats, even a DOG HAT and chair covers. There was also CHRISTMAS ELF (henceforth called Elfie Roberts in Sues honour). there was som chocolate in there too, two gingerbread men and all manner of great things. It just goes to show, the best thing you can have for Christmas really is the love and support of your friends and family (as well as your UKS team, but they ARE my friends!). It sounds corny but I so know this is true. heres a picture of it:
    xmas box (600 x 337).jpg

Anyway, I made the crackers (gonna do it again this year, i cant buy them here and they cant go in the plane either so couldnt bring them out) and enjoyed everything, put the elf all round the place in silly positions (gonna scrap that all one day when i get round to it) and im happy to tell you that i am looking forward to Christmas this year and dont feel grumpy about it.

there, not a Christmas game or tradition exactly, but for me, it epitomises what its all about. I expect you will give me 30 points just so i shut up! Right enough of my waffle. here's a photo of the crackers i made and the dog wearing the hat from the parcel
    crackers (600 x 337).jpg
    doghat (600 x 337).jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Maria in France; 26-11-2018 at 10:08 AM.