Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Downloading Design Store files

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I can't access my latest purchase which I ordered in desperation for a baby that's arrived a month early. The order acknowledgement assured me that the file would appear in my library automatically but it hasn't. I've tried closing S.S. (several times) and recovering the file from the email as well as from My Account to no avail. When I search my library the file isn't found, it isn't in recent downloads either. Can anyone help please, I need the card in a hurry?
    Shirley

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Have you checked your download history to make sure the download actually went through Shirley?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (21)
    Are you signed in to the Cloud? Silhouette seem to deliver all new files into the Cloud recent download folders these days.
    My Blog 365 Blog Hedgie's Blog

SeptemberTotal=Wk1=Wk2=Wk3=Wk4=Wk5=Challenge Wk1=Wk2=Wk3=Wk4=Wk5=House challenge=Mini book=CJ=Album=

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Just to check, when you buy do you go on to SA or do you actually open the Silhouette software and go through the Design Studio on there? I always use the software route and never have a problem with downloads. If as knitkath has said SA is using the Cloud, that could explain everything.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    I agree with Kath your downloads will go in recent downloads in the cloud. I don't always download any freebies I'd like ( I rarely buy from the store) via the software but they will still go in the recent downloads cloud folder. If you click your account in the via the software and know the date you bought the file you can choose to download it again

View Gallery

Tried going through the routine again, My Account, Order History then Recover, and it appeared to work having entered my password to authorise, was assured that it would appear in my library automatically, shut down, restarted, and still nothing. But then I decided to sign into the Cloud and Hey Presto! Not only did IT download but 7 others - no wonder I thought I had missing files (see earlier post). Studio is marvellous in so many ways and I guess it's difficult to fit it all in and make it work but why make false statements? Instead of just saying that the files will appear in one's library automatically they should add "when signed into the Cloud". That would have saved me a lot of time, frustration and aggravation. But many thanks to you lovely ladies who took the time and trouble to help me.
    Shirley
    PS I'm not a fan of the Cloud so tend to avoid it, but lesson learned.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Is there some way to stop them going into the Cloud because mine go automatically into My Library. Is this something to do with newer versions of the software?

At least you know now where they are and how to retrieve them Shirley.

View Gallery

Glad you got the file plus some others hopefully it's not too late to use if for what you wanted

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Susie.A View Post
    Is there some way to stop them going into the Cloud because mine go automatically into My Library. Is this something to do with newer versions of the software?

Mine always go in the cloud recent downloads folder

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Susie.A View Post

Susie I don't think there is any way to stop them going into the Cloud. Mine go straight into My Library too although I think it is because each time I open my library up it automatically 'sincs' with the Cloud.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I'd be happy for them to be saved in the Cloud but wouldn't want them going directly there. I'll have to check my settings.