You Too Can Have a UKScrappers Like Mine.

Hollywood and Vine

by scrapdolly

handmade with love

by Maria in France

ABC Globe

by scrapdolly

It's not Paris!

by SarahK

NYC Sept 18

by SarahK

Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Photography Forum

Notices

ATDML banner

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    It's funny Ellie but I think that when it comes to my own health issues. I will be concerned but don't actually worry because I know it is out of my hands, at least until I know what is wrong and then I'll be all over it, seeing if I can do something to help myself, along with the professionals of course. Day to day, silly stuff, even things I know I am looking forward to are the things I worry about.

How big is your camper van Alison and does it have a toilet? Hubby travelled down the west coast of America in a Winnebago and had a ball. The last camper van I was in was back in the 70's, the old VW and no toilet. A toilet is my first thought these days for going anywhere.

I wouldn't feel guilty about not worrying, just enjoy it and as for feeling stressed when busy, they reckon some stress is very good for you. It's too much of the wrong kind that is bad. Lovely photo's by the way, what is the stone building or what was is it, do you know?

Which Claire have we lost, perhaps she will come back now she's knows the site is safe again. It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings is my motto.

My dad's favourite cake (well, one of many actually) Bakewell Tarts.

You're not getting much rest Denise are you. As much as I am sure you're enjoying the visitors it can be tiring.

My second new vacuum has arrived and it is great. The first one had an odd noise from the motor. Isn't it funny how you get used to the sound of household equipment or even car sounds. The new vacuum was noisy and my vacuum is quiet for a vacuum cleaner. Customer service is brilliant though, ring up one day and the machine is here the next.

Boiler man is due tomorrow, hopefully it is a quick repair.

Also, the vouchers I bought just before the company went into liquidation are supposed to be honoured tomorrow. I've told my friend to use them straightaway and any problems get back to me. I did speak to the bank and they said to contact them if the don't honour them, they didn't say the cold do anything but did say they would see what they could do. So thanks for that thought Ellie. I pay by credit card for the added security benefits and then forget when something goes wrong that that is the reason I use it, so thanks for the reminder.

Alison, try the Ginkgo, it is good for helping with blood flow but anyone on aspirin would have to reduce their aspirin because they both thin the blood. I was told to take aspirin by the hospital but told my doctor I can't be without the Ginkgo because the aspirin won't help my brain. She suggested taking an aspirin every other day instead.

We are thinking of putting our old boy on it for his brain. Just in case he starting with a bit of senility. Mind you, his brain works fine when food is involved so maybe he's like hubby just selective deafness. But it won't harm him and may do him quite a bit of good, I'll buy the tincture and drop it on their food.

Must go and put the insert in the first birthday card and then I need to decorate the bag.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Thanked 1,473 Times in 913 Posts
    That’s good about the vouchers Susie. Hope that they honour them.
    Many years ago I looked into taking Ginko, but because of the tablets I
    as taking, I couldn’t have it.

Been to the Docs today to check up on my BP, and it’s come down.
    Which I’m pleased about.
    I also inquired about our Flu Vaccinations. We couldn’t have it on the day we were
    appointed, because I had an infection, and they said better to wait.
    It turns out the surgery has run out, and don’t know if they will get anymore!!
    She said to go to the chemist in the village. We went and they hadn’t got any either, but
    they might be getting some in, but don’t know when !!!!! What a farce!!!!
    Ellie

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

We've had to wait because we are over 65 Ellie. The under 65 vaccines were in but not the really important ones for us oldies. Ours are in the doctor's now and they rang me to go in but we are seeing the nurse next week so I've asked for two to be held until then.

Last year we were walking through Sainsbury's on the Wirral and hubby got collared and asked if he wanted a flu jab, so we both got ours done there and then. So check out Sainsbury's. When our doctors had them in I wasn't well enough to have one, so I really want to get one before I fall foul of something else.

Just stocked up on my Pycnogenol for immune system. Since this relapse the lower dose just isn't enough so I am trying to go back on the amount I was on when I originally took it. I have to wait for it to go to half price and then stock up. If this works then with luck I should be able to dodge all the nasty bugs that are around each year.

People often think that they can taken these herbal supplements with any meds and it was good you checked because they are powerful in their own right.

I'm hoping that I'll know about the vouchers by tomorrow as he is going to try to spend them then, so fingers crossed.

View Gallery

Typical isn’t it! I would like to know who got my jab
    Surely they know how many patients they have to treat, and order the amount accordingly !!
    I’ve got to phone the chemist in the morning to see if any have come in.
    We are away for the weekend, so if there isn’t any it might be next week!
    Our Sainsbury’s have just closed their pharmacy down. It’s there no longer.
    Don’t know why, it seemed to do a good trade.
    This will make you laugh. When I asked the receptionist about the vaccine.
    She asked me how old I was, when I told her 75 next month, she said
    “ oh I’m sorry I thought you were under 65.” I was going to say, you
    should have gone to Specsavers, but she was already wearing glasses.
    Ellie
    Last edited by RED HEAD; Yesterday at 09:06 PM.

5. The Following Users Like This Post

elainevking (Today)

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    It’s just a small camper Susie, we want to get one tat we can still drive around and park in when necessary. It does have a toilet, I wouldn’t have one without !
    When the kids were little we had a bigger American one, but it felt like driving a coach around ( well I don’t think I actually drove it, but it was too big to be practical in this country )
    We drove from Los angeles to SAN Francisco once in a Motorhome, that was good fun.

The ruin in the photo is part of Chester’s fort on hadrians wall.
    Alison

SNAP 2018

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

As long as it has a toilet Alison. Hubby drove the Winnebago but imagine doing it on these roads. Must ask hubby if he's seen Chester Fort, he is mad about ancient history of all sorts.

It sounds like you did the same route more or less as hubby. They went from Carmichael, Nr. Sacramento down to San Diego and back and on up to Lake Tahoe. Sadly, it was weeks before we got together so I didn't get to go.

Ellie, don't knock it, how lovely that she took at least tens years off your age and obviously meant it. I would be over the moon if someone said that to me. I hope you told her not be sorry about making that mistake.

Busy night tonight and we haven't eaten yet. I had to write to try to block a planning application, like that will work. You can get planning for anything now, or should I say anything where money is involved, but householders here trying to improve their properties is a whole different ball game.

Hope you both have a lovely time. If I feel up to it we may go to see the Christmas lights being turned on and there is a whole ton of events taking place. I wonder who is funding it because I can't even get the street swept of leaves. There's Victoria Meldrew out and about again.

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    Evening all.
    Great photos Alison. Very interesting!
    Shame about Claire... I would have waited to know one way or the other until I threw in the towel. She's been a bit less frequent on here recently though and she left the Sketch group I'm in a few months back too.
    I'm too young to get the flu jab ha ha!
    I spent today sorting Mum 'stuff" out..insurances, council tax etc. We can't find who insures the buildings insurance though so we are having to do some investigative work as because it's now unoccupied no one wants to take us on as new business. I'm sure it is insured..but Lord knows who with! I tried Saga..they do her contents but not her building and they won't take it on now it's unoccupied. BT are a pain in the bum too they do her broadband and landline but they asked for proof before they would action anything..so now I have to send them a death certificate which none of the other utilities or Sky asked for!
    I managed to cancel her British Gas boiler service contract too..I was delighted to do that because she only renewed 10 days before she died..and last year it was £276 for the year... (The first year she'd had it) and this year it was £484!!!! I rang and told them at the time that it was scandalous but they wouldn't back down and at the time we were anxious she wouldn't be cold if it broke down (which it has a habit of doing) but now if it breaks down there will be no rush to fix it and we can find a plumber that can do it at a reasonable price. What a rip off!
    Last edited by elainevking; Today at 12:20 AM.
    SCRAP HAPPY TEAM MEMBER My Blog
    Reverse Canvas Swap: Christmas Stocking Swap
    Joint Hse leader

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Oh you'll join us in the end Elaine and be grateful for that free flu jab. Don't forget there is one for the UNDER 65's now, only if you qualify though.

I found BT were rubbish too and as you said very few asked for the death certificate but BT did and then sent out the cheque in dad's name on the refund instead of the name of the executor, which was me. Such idiots! I bet you were delighted to cancel BG and get a refund, what a hike in price that was. I know by rights they should ask for proof but a lot of companies do take it on faith.

Have you not found a direct debit or some sort of payment for that buildings insurance. Most people do the two around the same time even if they are with different companies so I'm guessing if you know when she renews her contents, her buildings would be around the same time. Checking her bank statements may be the only way and if you've done that already then has she definitely taken it out, you'll sort it in the end.

I can't understand why anyone would leave the site until it was actually closing, perhaps she'll change her mind. They'd have to drag me off kicking and screaming.

Scrapping is my hobby Housework isn't Mary Buttons's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Thanked 1,436 Times in 946 Posts
    Good morning Snappers
    Scrappycats Team Green Button house
    My Blog Mary's Musings

View Gallery

Good morning.
    Away this weekend, but I will try to check in
    Ellie

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Morning.
    Have a nice weekend Ellie
    You should be flattered that you appear so young still

Well, shower time was fun, think I’ll use the campsite facilities tomorrow DH went first and was fine, I had a go and the hot water ran out, and the water was very low too, don’t think they left us with a full tank ! I survived, and it seems that my hair likes cold water

Chester’s was really interesting. I didn’t realise that one guy owned most of the land around hadrians wall, he inherited CHesters then went on to buy up more of the wall and did all the investigation

Chatsworth house this morning for the Christmas market, maybe I can actually get some presents bought

Have a nice day, will try and find some more photos while I’m out and about
    Alison

SNAP 2018

Scrapping is my hobby Housework isn't Mary Buttons's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Thanked 1,436 Times in 946 Posts
    Sound lovely Alison have a lovely day
    Silver droplet on the fallen leaves
    75F6B5B0-0940-4765-ABB1-6543B545D10A.jpg
    Scrappycats Team Green Button house
    My Blog Mary's Musings