Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Hi hope someone can help

Hi my sister recenty passed away and she used to be a Craft tv shopaholic so now I have 3 rooms full of mainly new unopened craft making products that cost thousands to move on, but i havent got a clue how to do this..so i was wondering if anyone here would know of someone i could get intouch with that might be interested as a job lot because i have to empty her house by the end of next month, and its such a shame. i am situated in Paignton Devon....... hope someone can help thanks ..Oh and i,m sorry if i am breaking any rules

CARD MAKER AND CR OWNER
    View Gallery

Sorry to hear your news. I can't help as I don't live anywhere near you but I am sure somebody on here will offer you some good advice.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by yiayia View Post
    Sorry to hear your news. I can't help as I don't live anywhere near you but I am sure somebody on here will offer you some good advice.
    Thank you , yes its so sad really my sister never really got to use anything,but she loved the craft tv so much and just purchased the goods, she spent thousands on it in fact the deliveries are still arriving
    anyway thanks

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    Sorry to read about your sister. Why don't you put it on ebay as a job lot? There are plenty of people who would be happy to buy up a large amount and sell it on individually. Failing that is there a local craft group/Scout pack/after school club or care home who would be happy to take it all off your hands? Or even a local charity shop?
    My Blog
    Mixed Media ATC Swap
    Mixed Media ATC Swap 2

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Just noticed you put the deliveries are still arriving, if it is from one site she may have a monthly order so you may need to ring them to cancel it, and they may even take an unopened delivery back and refund giving the circumstances.
    I think the ebay idea sounds a good option, if someone comes they may only take what they think they could sell and you could donate the rest to one of the group's or charities another lady mentioned in a previous post.
    Sorry for your loss btw.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I am so sorry for your loss, what an awful time for you and then having to deal with all of this.

Claire's suggestion is very good and also, if you check any recent items that have arrived for dates of return. The TV channel such as Hochanda usually give you a 14 day return policy and if it is Create & Craft I can give you a direct number (freephone) for customer services who I have found to be extremely good and very understanding, I am sure they would help, especially under these circumstances. Also, if she has ordered from Amazon they list a 'return by' date on their site which is usually a month. Are you her executor or do you have Lasting Power of Attorney, if so you will be able to get access to her accounts?

I hope under the circumstances there won't be any problem on the site with my mentioning certain tv channels, these are exceptional circumstances. Do you have any family members who could store some the items for you just to give you some breathing space?

Please let us know how you get on and hopefully others will come along and have different and better suggestions but for now, I'd try to return anything that you possibly can.

My apologies for mentioning certain TV channels.
    Last edited by Susie.A; 29-10-2018 at 02:15 AM.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (60)
    No problems, Susie. Thank you for your helpful advice. I agree it is worth contacting customer services of the TV companies about the unopened stuff.

I am admin on a free selling site on Facebook - please PM me if I can help. There is the selling thread on here also, of course, but I do understand it is very quiet.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks for being so understanding Susan.