Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Hybrid View

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)

Silhouette Free E Books

In Silhouette Store at the bottom of the page in 'free files' are four E Books which I added to my basket and checked out. I have no idea where to find them in Studio or elsewhere on my p.c. Any help would be appreciated.

The E books are Discovering Mint Studio, Creating Custom Apparel, Vinyl All Things and Heat Transfer Essentials.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    I'm sure I read the ebook was only available if you have a subscription. I don't have one and can't see them so I'm guessing you do have a subscription Margaret, sorry I've no idea where you will find the books I hope someone can help you

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by DJG View Post
    I'm sure I read the ebook was only available if you have a subscription. I don't have one and can't see them so I'm guessing you do have a subscription Margaret, sorry I've no idea where you will find the books I hope someone can help you
    Doreen the Ebooks are free to download and according to the Store I own them the same as a file. https://www.silhouettedesignstore.co...free_designs=1

I does not say how to access them.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Neries View Post
    Doreen the Ebooks are free to download and according to the Store I own them the same as a file. https://www.silhouettedesignstore.co...free_designs=1

I does not say how to access them.
    There aren't any Ebook's when I open the link Margaret it only shows the file's "I own"

Norfolk - just at the end of the yellow brick road
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Hi Neries, I downloaded the e-books the other day (plus a load of other free files I had missed - go to the store, click on designs, then all designs and then sort by price: low to high and all the free ones show up including the e-books and a couple of fonts). They all downloaded into my library - cutting files into the "recent downloads" folder and the e-books into a folder marked "e-books" - and they are in there and I can open them just like a file. I have two sections in my library - one I don't use (I presume it is linked to the cloud and I don't use that) which is marked "local user", the other one is where I store files I make or download, which uses my email address. If you still can't locate them shout and I will post a screenshot of my library to illustrate what I've said. Hope you find them.

Andi

View Gallery

I've just tried what you suggest Andi but still no E books showing in the free item's

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by AndiDee View Post
    Hi Neries, I downloaded the e-books the other day (plus a load of other free files I had missed - go to the store, click on designs, then all designs and then sort by price: low to high and all the free ones show up including the e-books and a couple of fonts). They all downloaded into my library - cutting files into the "recent downloads" folder and the e-books into a folder marked "e-books" - and they are in there and I can open them just like a file. I have two sections in my library - one I don't use (I presume it is linked to the cloud and I don't use that) which is marked "local user", the other one is where I store files I make or download, which uses my email address. If you still can't locate them shout and I will post a screenshot of my library to illustrate what I've said. Hope you find them.

Andi
    Thanks Andi, found them. Strange that no e-books showing yesterday in my Library. I also did a search on my computer and it came up with nothing.

I find the free files by going to the bottom of the Store page and clicking on the Free Files in the list.

I've just tried what you suggest Andi but still no E books showing in the free item's
    Strange you can't see them Doreen. I clicked on my link above and it shows them even when I am not logged in to Silhouette Store.
    Attached Images Attached Images

View Gallery

SNAP, Neries!!!! I just finished uploading and found you had beaten me to it. Glad you got them. If you try changing your filter to sort by price low to high you should also see them

Andi

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by AndiDee View Post
    SNAP, Neries!!!! I just finished uploading and found you had beaten me to it. Glad you got them. If you try changing your filter to sort by price low to high you should also see them

Andi
    Andi you are right Silhouette don't make it easy at all especially as no instructions with any of the 3D files as to how to assemble.

The 'local user' in my Library is where I find the free files which came with my Craft Robo, original Cameo, Curio and Cameo 3.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Neries View Post
    no instructions with any of the 3D files as to how to assemble.
    Yep, that's a nightmare - I end up going to the websites of the designers, they normally have tutorials for their stuff. If not I message them if I can find an address. Snapdragon Snippets are quite helpful.

View Gallery

Not sure what's going on then, Doreen - this is what I get, the second screenshot is my library. I don't have a subscription, I use Business edition (as, I think, you do) so not sure why I'm seeing it and you aren't and why I've been able to download and open the books with no problems.

Andi
    Attached Images Attached Images

View Gallery

For some reason I thought they were going to be PDF's.....how dim can you get got them now thanks Andi and Margaret

View Gallery

To be fair Doreen, you're not alone and Sil isn't exactly being forthcoming with info. I bet the download count goes up a bit now!!!

Andi