Ruby wedding family get together.. Friday 5

by Claire59

Week 3 challenge mercury bridge

by Claire59

Oct WC - Week 3

by butterbee

Spider Boy

by Mary Buttons

Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Photography Forum

Notices

Graphtec UK banner

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Thanked 1,404 Times in 876 Posts
    No, that’s ok Mary. I didn’t think that at all. I knew that you were joking.
    My DDs make fun of my ironing all the time, because they hate doing it
    Mind you they have each got 3 males to iron for.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I think Mary and I should be able to send you all our ironing. We'd be doing you a favour because you love ironing so much Ellie, what do you think? Hubby had a couple of shirts and they weren't cheap either and I'd wash them and iron them and no sooner did they go on the hanger than they'd crease up again. In the end I told him he couldn't wear them but he did so I took to hiding them because if he couldn't find them, he couldn't wear them and then I wouldn't have to wash and iron them.

My niece bought hubby a fantastic t-shirt from Tesco and the fabric is so soft and it falls beautifully and best of all it comes out of the tumble dryer without the hint of a crease in it. I do love my niece.

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    Hi all..sorry to have been MIA.
    Thanks everyone for your kindness. I got back to see Mum on Saturday after a 3 hour delay on my flight! I arrived after official visiting hours had finished but who cares. We only stayed 10 minutes as Mum was so tired. She’s had a constant stream of visitors from all over the country.
    I met with my Sis at Mums bungalow yesterday to rearrange furniture to accommodate the hospital paraphernalia that is being delivered today. My sister found a care company that can start tomorrow so she is coming home then. I don’t like to think that she is coming home to die..but that is the reality. My niece has arrived from Australia to support her Mum and I know Christine is glad of it. She’s a lovely girl and good to have around. She’s a real help. We have also had to empty a bedroom of all of Mums belongings to accommodate the nurse that will be staying. No easy feat if you knew how much 'stuff' my Mum hoards! So we had three rooms to sort. Mum will be moving into the lounge as it’s the only room big enough to accommodate the hospital bed, chair, commode etc but at least she will be able to see out into her beloved garden and watch the birds and will be able to watch the TV in there. We have tried to leave as many things as possible in there so it still feel like home but inevitably it is different and we have had to remove a lot of furniture to make way for things. It was quite an upheaval. We have to go back later to finish off. They are delivering all the equipment today and then she’ll be coming home tomorrow and the nurse will be moving in.
    I’m sorry I’m not up to chatting much but I am grateful for all the support. I do pop in and read but I’m not in the right frame of mind at the moment. I have cancelled my weekend away at the Crop in The Country for next weekend. No point in going when I am a) not in the mood b) I want to see as much of Mum while I can. I am going to have the kits sent to me though and I have managed to cancel my hotel reservation without a charge.
    Glad everyone here sees to be ok. I’m wide awake at silly o’clock but I may be able to sneak a nap shortly.
    SCRAP HAPPY TEAM MEMBER My Blog
    Reverse Canvas Swap: Christmas Stocking Swap
    Joint Hse leader

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    BTW..I’m with Ellie and actually like ironing!
    SCRAP HAPPY TEAM MEMBER My Blog
    Reverse Canvas Swap: Christmas Stocking Swap
    Joint Hse leader

Scrapping is my hobby Housework isn't Mary Buttons's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Thanked 1,377 Times in 909 Posts
    Good morning Snappers
    Thatís so good that you managed to see your Mum when you got back to England {{{{hugs}}}} Elaine
    Scrappycats Team Green Button house
    My Blog Mary's Musings

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Morning.
    Elaine, so pleased you’ve managed to spend some time with your mum. Having lots of family around will help everyone. Mum will be pleased to be home again too. Thinking of you all xxx
    Alison

SNAP 2018

View Gallery

Elaine, glad you are back home safe and sound and able to spend time with your Mum. Take care, and try to get as much sleep/rest as you can when you can. I know from experience how tiring it is and how stressful. (((HUGS)))

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Elaine, you never know, that's what I want to say. When we brought dad home to die, literally, because they asked me before they put him in the ambulance if he died in the journey home (it was only a 5-10 minute journey by the way) where did I want them to take him and I told them to his home. I was terrified he wouldn't make the journey but he did and we got him settled in to his hospital bed and lo and behold once he realised he was home his first words were - "Well, I supposed I'd better live then!" He started to recover just enough to give us three months with him and it was hard work. Jeff and I moved in with him and he was so comforted knowing he was going to be at home when he went. There was never any chance he would recover his body was too far gone by this point

The irony wasn't lost on us that only a year before we'd nursed mum in a hospital bed at home until she died. Dad had great care, good carers and of course district nurses popping in but having us with him 24/7 made him feel secure. How ever this works for you, it will be the best thing you could do for your mum and for yourselves and she may surprise you yet, knowing she is home but still getting good care may buy her a little more time, I do hope so for all your sakes.x

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Meant to say Sheila, thanks for this last months prompts, sorry I wasn't as busy as usual, must try harder.

+ Post New Thread
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536