Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)

Help please - returning to crafting after many years' break

Hi guys,
    Really hoping someone might be able to help; I am returning to crafting after having to take an extended break for family reasons. I have been digging out my stash, amongst which is my beloved Craft Robo CC-100. I know she's an old lady now, but really don't want to have to buy a new machine. I was just wondering, is there a way to convert GSD files to SVG, or some software that allows me to do so. I don't mind paying for teh software, it's much, much cheaper than a new machine, after all Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. TIA Karen xxx
    Karen

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Karen the free version of Silhouette Studio will work with your Craft Robo and open GDS files but when you save they will save to 'studio3.' To convert files from GDS to SVG you need to pay to upgrade to the Business Edition. The cheaper Designer Edition will open SVG's but not save them.

CARD MAKER AND CR OWNER
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I have hundreds of GSD files and often use them with the new Studio software. BUT I only open them when I actually need them. then I save them to 'my library' or the appropriate Studio folder.
    From Studio simply click on the file you want (don't forget to change the 'file type' from Studio to GSD or what ever) and it will open in the Studio programme.
    Once you have got it how you want it then simply save it. hope this makes sens to you - if not mail me and I will try to explain it a bit better.

View Gallery

Thank you �� I’ve downloaded the free version of Silhouette Studio & found it simple to use, might consider upgrading at a later date.
    Karen

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by yiayia View Post
    I have hundreds of GSD files and often use them with the new Studio software. BUT I only open them when I actually need them. then I save them to 'my library' or the appropriate Studio folder.
    From Studio simply click on the file you want (don't forget to change the 'file type' from Studio to GSD or what ever) and it will open in the Studio programme.
    Once you have got it how you want it then simply save it. hope this makes sens to you - if not mail me and I will try to explain it a bit better.
    Thank you, I may well take you up on your kind offer �� Where will I get Gsd files? Have found loads of SVG, hence the question, but not many GSD files.
    Karen

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by yiayia View Post
    Thank you, I may well take you up on your kind offer �� Where will I get Gsd files? Have found loads of SVG, hence the question, but not many GSD files.
    Karen

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Karen GSD is the file format for the old Craft Robo software Robo Master so no longer used.

Inkscape is a free software program which will open SVG files but you would then have to save as a DXF file (Auto CAD) to then open in Studio.