Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Not cutting right through

I just checked in to see if anyone else is having cut issues since the last update.
    Everything was fine for me until the last update now my card is not cutting right the way through even though i am using the exact same card and settings, i have even tried putting the blade up to 5 but it still won't cut it right through.
    Its an almost new blade so it can't be because it is old and blunt, i have also had it apart and cleaned it but still it won't cut right through.
    It has only started doing it since the last update so i can only link it to that. Has anyone else had any issues at all?

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I have ordered a new blade anyway just in case it is that.
    I ordered one of the auto ones and one of the premium ones (no idea if those are any good)
    I think i will use the auto one for all my vinyl jobs and the premium one for all my card cutting in future.
    I also ordered a new mat. I am thinking of maybe ordering a new cutting strip but i am not sure I think that is still ok.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Sorry to hear that Helen have to admit I've not used my machine for months although I am keeping up with the updates. I hope the blade sorts the problem

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

I’m using the latest update without any cutting problems Helen, hope the new blade solves the problem for you.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thank you ladies the new blades should arrive today, I also got a new mat out all ready. Fingers crossed it solves the problem. It's been a good machine this one, never had much trouble with it so i don't want it to start being troublesome now lol

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

No the premium blade is not cutting trough the card either. I really don't know then unless it is a new cutting strip that i need.

View Gallery

Does the strip look damaged Helen ? Have you tried going back to a previous edition of the software to see if the problem is still there ?

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

The strip should be fine Shirley since i never cut anything without a mat, never have done. I may try uninstalling and reinstalling see if that makes any difference

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by ellygreen View Post
    The strip should be fine Shirley since i never cut anything without a mat, never have done. I may try uninstalling and reinstalling see if that makes any difference
    Can't do any harm Helen. I've never had to change the cutting strip on any of my machines as like you I always us a mat.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I think i might have to uninstall and maybe go back to the previous version before the update as i have also now discovered that the pixscan mat is now falling out the back of the machine as well. I had that problem once before but i can't remember how i fixed it lol.