Gone with the wind

by scrapdolly

Today

by elainevking

summer

by Maria in France

Paradise lost

by scrapdolly

Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Photography Forum

Notices

Kalulu banner

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    It is hard to keep up when so many pages have gone. They were my strawberries Mary and very nice they are too.

Hubby has started making this breakfast cereal thing, you may know about it. You put 40g of porridge oats into a pot/jar whatever add yoghurt and fresh fruit, stir it up and leave it over night for the yoghurt and fruit to soften the oats. He makes mine with mango yoghurt (low fat) and nectarines, the odd strawberry might go in or blue berries. His is made with red berry yoghurts and strawberries, blackberries and blueberries. Sometime he used frozen fruit only because we had a bag in. It is far more filling than a bowl of porridge and really delicious. The red berry one is great but I do prefer the mango, papya and passion fruit yoghurt with a nectarine.

The funny thing is he bought these jars with screw on lids from Home Bargain especially for this and in each jar is a pair of black socks.

Pity you can't see any of her face on that photo Elaine, she's hidden under the peak of her hat.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    Thanks for having me back. I'll look for a photo

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I need to find some photo's too Viv, especially ones that are relevant to the prompts. The strawberries are fun to eat though and that's my excuse for posting them.

View Gallery

I have had the same breakfast Susie, it's called overnight oats, and is really lovely and filling. Had to have an impromptu eye test today I've been getting really bad headaches recently and my eyes are really dry and saw. I need new glasses and I've now got to wear my distance ones most of the time from now on and I've got to get some drops and ointment to put in my eyes to relieve the dryness and she also dropped the bombshell that I've got cataracts coming in both eyes GGGGRRRR don't like getting old!!!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Don't worry Sheila, you're not alone, both hubby and I were told that we had early cataracts but it does come as a shock at first. Try Hycosan drops, in the red box, they take a little while to clear though or Hypromellose which don't make your eyes cloudy. Sea Buckthorn is good for dry eyes etc... I had that many eye conditions diagnosed in a short time, I was scared of going for an eye test because of what they might find next. I even have one that only affects people who are 80-90years old.

What do you put in your oats Sheila?

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    I have overnight oats too..I put any fruit I have in the house in them. Frozen fruit is nice too. I add the oats to yoghurt too..often a low fat cherry yoghurt.

Saw this sign and laughed out loud

Of course, Iím doing as Iím told!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    SCRAP HAPPY TEAM MEMBER My Blog
    Christmas stocking swap:ATCMixed Media Swap: Christmas Advent Swap
    Joint Hse leader

7. The Following Users Like This Post:

RED HEAD (Today),Susie.A (Today)

View Gallery

I have a new layout up on the UK Scrap Addicts blog. I’ve loaded it here too. If you get a chance do pop over to the blog to have a look too. I need the 'views' on each blog post I do to keep my DT spot..which I’m enjoying! Lol. We all need them..I’m not being singled out of course..

Joint Hse leader

Scrapping is my hobby Housework isn't Mary Buttons's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Thanked 1,232 Times in 817 Posts
    Love that one Elaine
    I have the beginning of cataracts too but as my vision is still good I’m not worrying too much about it
    Scrappycats Team Green Button house
    My Blog Mary's Musings

View Gallery

Morning snappers, Susie I put whatever fruit I have in the fridge, but my favourite is strawberries, raspberries and blueberries. I bought a couple of kinder jars to make them in. The optician recommended the drops you mentioned so I'll get some today when I go to have my nails done. Elaine can you add a link to the blog, love your LO, lovely photo of you.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I'm beginning to think that the breakfast is too fattening for me, believe it or not. After a few days of having it for breakfast I've put on a couple of pounds and as soon as I go back to my normal porridge I lose it again. I've had another one today so if I've put on another pound tomorrow then it just doesn't suit my metabolism. No way am I going to gain weight over a breakfast no matter how tasty it is, I'd rather have a bar of chocolate instead.

Elaine I laughed out loud at that sign, so funny. I can't believe you've posted it actually as we were only discussing this the other evening. We were watching something on the tv and I think we knew someone was going to be kidnapped and the lady who you could see from the back was tall and quite large and I actually said to hubby that it wouldn't be easy to just grab her off the street and we decided the easiest way to do it would be if you had chloroform on a cloth. Yep, these are the conversations we have, pathetic!

I was watching tv one day and saw a tip on how to get out of a hold if someone grabbed you from behind. I decided to try it out on hubby and told him to just grab me tight with both arms as if he was going to drag me into some bushes. The trick worked so well he ended up on his back and we were lucky because if there had been anything sharp nearby like the edge of a hearth, I could have killed him. He went down like a sack of spuds.

Love your LO, I've left a comment and will check out the link.

The cataracts aren't something we think about either Mary, especially as they can be sorted with laser treatment down the line. The bleed at the back of my eye was more scary especially as you haven't a clue that these things are going on until a kindly optician spots it. Shows the importance of having regular eye tests, although I'd had one only a few months before and it wasn't there then.

Off out today to collect a duvet that my sister has had put away. I dread going out as we seem to spend money on food and general items constantly, it isn't as if they aren't things we don't need though. I think it was better before hubby retired and we did our shopping once a week, may try to do that as I'm sure this buying bits and pieces means you end up spending more than you should.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Thanked 1,281 Times in 802 Posts
    Love your saying Elaine. That’s why I eat cake, so I won’t be kidnapped

Susie your household must be hilarious
    I can see Jeff thinking “ this is a pushover “ and then finding himself flat on his back!

Sheila ,I wouldn’t worry too much. It takes ages unusually for cataracts to get bad.
    Here is a saying I saw on FB.
    0EB452B1-1CA4-489C-9A58-39C6E8502B60.jpeg

Ellie

13. The Following Users Like This Post

Susie.A (Today)

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I saw a pillow today and I thought of you thinking of me Ellie. I love your latest saying and it was what I was doing until I came on here. Now it won't let me upload the photo, I'll try again later.

Ellie, no-one was more surprised than me when that self defence technique worked. I wouldn't try it on him now he's too old, I probably would kill him. I'm sure you're right, he thought there was no way I could get the better of him, just goes to show.

15. The Following Users Like This Post

RED HEAD (Today)

View Gallery

Elaine can you add a link to the blog, love your LO, lovely photo of you.
    I added a link in the gallery photo Sheila?. Thanks so much for your kind comments everyone.
    Lol..Susie..you make me die! You and Jeff are such a scream.
    Love your saying Ellie...that'll be me tomorrow after I've visited Mum.
    Joint Hse leader

+ Post New Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516