Out Of The Strong Came Forth UKScrappers.

ABC Challenge ... B is for Baby

by MiniOwner

ABC Challenge ... X for Xanthos (yellow)

by MiniOwner

Polish Doorway

by scrapdolly

UKS Hide & Seek Challenge

by butterbee

You

by Maria in France

Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Photography Forum

Notices

ATDML banner

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Thanked 1,290 Times in 806 Posts
    You’ve been a busy girl Mary. Glad you have found some space.
    I too need more albums, can’t fit anymore pages in the ones I’ve got.

Lovely plate Susie. What a good idea.
    I like the one that says 25 yrs is longer than I’ve been alive

When you have animals you do have to keep their well being to the
    forefront don’t you ?
    I do like my holidays, so I can’t see us having anymore pets.
    Also we are a bit long in the tooth now, and they would probably
    out live us, and then that would be another problem!!!
    I was stroking a gorgeous 12 week old black Lab the other day.
    He was so cuddly, and Ken looked at me and said an emphatic NO !!!
    Ellie

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Oh Ellie, I can understand Ken's NO, but it is so tempting and I can't imagine how we will manage without dogs in the future. At least with older rescues you at least have a chance of outliving them as you get older, but then you have to go through all the heartache of losing them. We said no more after losing Trudy but because she went everywhere with us, we thought another dog like her would be fine. Then we got these two and the work and re-training has been massive, very rewarding and as others have said if they'd gone to another home they might have been put up for rescue again very quickly. People just don't tell the truth about the dogs they are giving up and also forget the damage that moving to another home can do. We do need a holiday, on our own, together, which is something we've never had in 36 years!

The plate was such a lovely idea and it was my cruel American niece who decided to remind us that she is so young. Such a funny thing to write. Our American SIL and hubby's brother missed our wedding because it was all done so quickly and they had another wedding (her sister) to go to at the time. I think I've said before it was all done and dusted from organising to the big day in 1 month, so we didn't give people much notice. I think people thought I was pregnant but we just didn't want a fuss and still had the fuss anyway.

Glad you got some things sorted Mary.

Just found this and I hadn't posted it so must do it now before I forget again.

View Gallery

You do need a holiday together. Couldn’t your sister dog sit, even if it’s just 3or4 days?
    I don’t think that I could have done what you have with your boys.
    It must be very rewarding.
    It must have been manic organising a wedding in one month!
    I’m not one for a fuss either. We just went to a registry office with family and
    a few friends.
    Ellie

Scrapping is my hobby Housework isn't Mary Buttons's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 822 Posts
    What have you just found Susie?
    Scrappycats Team Green Button house
    My Blog Mary's Musings

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

It was the actual post I'd forgotten to post Mary. But I have found something else, which was bought for me but I haven't put it anywhere yet.

P1080535.png

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I think the younger one would go back to wetting himself if we left him Ellie, he is that insecure. You wouldn't know it if you met him, he bounds around he bounces everywhere and bosses the poor old boy around something awful, but underneath all that, he is the one who has to sleep right outside the bedroom door and can't bear us to be out of sight at all. One of us can leave the room but if both of us went out he'd have to follow and preferable be ahead of us. He was the reason we couldn't leave the house together for 3 months. Even now if we both go out with the old boy, the moment we get to the top of the road he starts crying and doesn't stop until we reach the top of the road to come home again. I know because I ask my neighbour what he gets up to. You might assume that he is calm but you never know what your dogs do when you're out. I've never known such an insecure dog and he's 11 now so he won't change. I often wonder what happened to him, apart from being left outside so much, that made him this way. I do suspect he had another home apart from the one he came from and it could be what happened there or even just moving from home to home that has made him this way. It's sad.

Well our non fuss wedding ended up with about 80 guests at the night but only 20 in the day, so still bigger than I'd hoped for since I was all set for Gretna Green.

View Gallery

Well I’m not surprised at that sign

Oh poor litttle boy He does sound really insecure.you would think he’d know
    by now that you’re not going to leave him. But something must have
    happened in the past to make him feel that way.
    I don’t suppose he would settle if you took him away with you to
    somewhere dog friendly, would he ?

When we were in Wells next the Sea the other week, I’ve never seen so many
    people with dogs ,in one place ! Everyone had dogs. The place is so dog friendly.
    When we booked breakfast in a hotel, she asked if we were bringing dogs
    with us, so she could book them in too !
    I never saw any mess either, it was very clean.
    Ellie

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    Evening all.
    Thanks for your kind words on BIL. Nowt to be done but wait now and hope the tablets work. Mind you Susie.. you were right. He has said some odd things over the last two years (that now add up) but seemed very strange at the time.
    It’s funny how dogs never lose their fears. We adopted our eldest dog Bella when she was about 2. We got her from a rescue where they didn’t know her history and had been found on the street. Little did we know she was an escapologist! She used to disappear for hours when we took her walking. She’d run off at the drop of a hat. She went off overnight once! She is terrified of wind, rain, doors, bangs, fireworks, thunder, hoovers, etc etc. She’s 12 now and she had never, ever licked either of us either. She’s half Springer and is therefore mental by default!
    Strangely enough I started a mammoth reorganisation of my craft room on Wednesday..I started with my layouts. I have lots still to put in albums but they are now all sorted into pizza boxes at least. Tomorrow I’m rearranging the units to make some space for an art corner. I need to destash badly too!!
    SCRAP HAPPY TEAM MEMBER My Blog
    Christmas stocking swap:ATCMixed Media Swap: Christmas Advent Swap
    Joint Hse leader

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

They are a nightmare in the car Ellie. Not so bad separately but horrendous when they are together. They probably think they are going to a new home. Trudy loved the car, she couldn't wait to get in and they love the car too but Trudy was so quiet you'd forget she was with you, but not these two. I have a great photo of Tru sitting guarding the car at the caravan we went to with her, just in case we tried to leave without her, as if. I'll find it and let you see what I mean. Wales is a very dog friendly place and we could take her into pubs whilst we had a meal and she'd sit under the table and be so good. These would go on the rampage and steal everyone's food, especially the old guy and he wouldn't show an ounce of shame for doing it either. It fascinates me how each dog and cat and any other animal you can think of, has its own character. I bet you see it with the donkeys Denise.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hello Elaine, we crossed there. Sometimes you do get signs of problems and don't take too much notice, just think that its odd and then something triggers everything and before you know it you have a serious mental health issue. So difficult to deal with and so sad for all concerned. I do hope the tablets work and that he doesn't stop taking them because he starts to feel better.

Springers are amazingly agile aren't they. The first time I saw one in action I couldn't believe my eyes, they certainly live up to their name. You can only do so much to help some of them, others never really overcome their fears but you give them a safe loving home and you can't do more. Bella's had 10 years of the happiest life a dog could wish for with you and that's the best any of us can do for these little lost souls.

+ Post New Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920