Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper wedding belle's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (69)

Photo printer advice please

My Epson photo stylus printer has given up after 11 years of great work. Can anyone recommend a printer that produces good quality photo prints please. Thanks

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I love my Epson Expression XP-960. It is the photo printer but also scans, copies etc... but best of all it is A3 but it is a dedicated photo printer, with the quality of prints that you expect from Epson. I have an Epson Expression XP-750 which is my older Epson printer A4 size, not sure what the latest in the range is but they are the ones for brilliant photo. The A3 was my treat as I've always wanted that size, they are both excellent.

View Gallery

Many thanks Susie. I don't do digi scrapping so don't need A3. Having said that, the 960 reviews are very good. I do like epson quality although I haven't tried any other brands.

View Gallery

Have just checked the measurements and sadly the 960 is going to be too big for the space.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Well, whatever came after the 750 would be a good option. It is the Expression XP range that are photo printers, they may have others but I can only speak as I find.

I tried a Kodak printer but that was poor print quality, very lacklustre so that went back. I was surprised because I thought Kodak would be top of the range but sadly not. I also tried a Brother, not bad but the Epson's I find very hard to beat if it is photo quality you want.

Just check that it has the 6 ink cartridges and not the 4, I'm sure you know that anyway, but it is those extra cartridges that you give you such excellent colours and tones. I have an Epson repair centre by me and I could ask my 'guy' for some advice if that would help. They had a 900 in Curry's but it didn't have the extra inks so I wouldn't take the chance on the print quality being the same. They Curry's guy tried to tell me it would be as good but I know it wouldn't from past experience.

Failing that, throw something out and make the space for the 960. If you can't afford it, buy it on the 6 month interest free plan, that's how I got mine. I just paid something off each month.

View Gallery

Many thanks Susie, that's really helpful. I will investigate.