Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Card Challenges and Inspiration

Notices

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    That is lovely Denise.

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Really lovely. Shame it’s too far for me to come..although it’s much closer than South Africa of course! Lol
    I made a card today..but it was a Thank You cars..and I forgot to photograph it before I put it though the letterbox so I can’t add it here or the other card thread! Doh!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I made this quick card with petite petals. Elaine was enabling me again.

P1080239.png

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Very nice. Love that red colour, really pops against the white.
    Ellie

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks Ellie and the Happy Birthday is meant to be wonky, I wasn't drunk when I stuck it down.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (90)
    Really nice Susie I like the Happy Birthday scripty style
    Really Pretty

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Love that card Susie, it would have been perfect for my DIL, she’s a Disney fanatic so the red and white spots would have been great. I actually gave her a shop bought card, just couldn’t get inspired to make one
    Those petite petal flowers are lovely, we’re so grateful to all you enablers really, how else would we see what’s available out there
    I’ve started a card for my BIL but it’s not having the effect I hoped, anyway will finish it and it might have to do as we’re away for a few days and it’s his birthday the day after we get home.

I mentioned to DD that she needed to get save the date cards sorted, and she said she was waiting for me to do them - Better get a move on !! I woke up early this morning and couldn’t get back to sleep for thinking of what I could do, after spending ages on Pinterest and google last night looking for ideas . Maybe I should get on wth it, they’d for with the ‘celebrate’ theme
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

View Gallery

Excellent idea Alison. You could do plain ones or some of the colour your
    DD is having at her wedding. I’m sure they will be lovely

Here’s one for my friend who loves Both Perple and Poppies.
    A9043EA3-2401-4E5C-BDC6-3684F6E370E8.jpeg

View Gallery

love the die Ellie its just big enough and fancy enough without over done some of the really big ones I think hard to include a sentiment
    Your friend will like that purple and poppies
    I hope BIL card comes together Alison and save the date I like those type of cards
    I have a friends birthday card to make but I just seem to be fiddling and not producing anything too but watch this space
    I also just another invite to make its for a male friend the one who lost his wife a couple years ago so I going to do the invite b/w to look manly
    He has a new friend but it doesnt seem his daughter of old time friends are happy yet when he was lonely miserable everyone was worried
    I do miss been close but I think in this situation it be helpful as I can stay neutral
    Last edited by bramblepie; 15-07-2018 at 11:23 AM.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I love those little flower stamps and there are 6 different designs so watch out for more. Found them on e-bay in the end being a 'retired' item.

Thanks for your kind comments. That dotty paper was a Pink Petticoat digital paper Alison, I loved Liz's designs and have lots of them. The red ink pad is called Memento Love Letter and it matches perfectly, what I'd call a happy accident.

Lovely card Ellie, I love that you've added the poppy for your friend, such thoughtfulness. I'm sure I have that die, the frame one looks like a Couture die cut.

Has your DD given you ideas about what she'd like for her wedding? If she goes on Pinterest and finds a few ideas and then you'll know where to start. I know you've done it before but sometimes even family expect us to magically know exactly what they want. I was lucky with my niece, I asked her if she wanted modern or elegant and she wanted elegant, not that modern can't be elegant but you know what I mean. Then it was down to colours and at least you have the perfect card stock for printing on to. I only made two mock-ups and even then she couldn't decide, they were both basically the same just different colours.

These family situations can be difficult Denise and you're wise to stay neutral or basically, not taking sides.

I think once you've made a start you'll be well away and it's hard to concentrate on making other cards when you have this on your mind. The one thing we didn't do was Save the Date cards. It is really quite a new idea and in these days of technology I think they're unnecessary. Most family and friends know anyway, I would be inclined to e-mail or text and take the pressure off you. But, it is the bride's choice of course. Think back, how did we all manage in 'the old days'. No texts, no e-mails and no save the date cards but we all managed to get married without the fuss.

It's enough to do the day invites, the evening invites, the order of service, the table place cards, table numbers and table plan itself - have I missed anything out! I ended up doing a myriad of jobs for other people. Printing poems, speeches, making embellishments for shoes and bags, the bridesmaids bouquets and decorating gifts, the list went on and on. All my own fault, because every time someone said "I could do with..." I offered to do it, so I only have myself to blame.

View Gallery

Yes Denise, I would stay well out of it. It will sort itself out

Susie , I think you said that you had that die, and you probably cut me the frame too

You did such a lot for your niece, but you are your own worst enemy. Nice one though
    Ellie

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Maybe Ellie, I don't remember but if I did, glad you could find a use for it.

You're so right, I am my own worst enemy. If I could just learn how to keep my mouth shut... Hubby would think all his birthdays had come at once if I did.

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Lovely cards ladies. Love the Petite Petals on Susie! Sorry, (not sorry), for enabling! Lol

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

You don't have to fake being sorry Elaine, I had seen those flowers before and loved them but when I saw your pretty card, even though it was a sympathy card, I decided I could really make use of them. Because each flower has a different design and you have the punch it makes them very versatile. I am absolutely delighted with them, I just have to get the knack of centring the flower within the punch. Is there any special trick for doing it?

I've now seen the most gorgeous set of papers but guess what, they're retired too.

View Gallery

Well I dont get my birthday card for my friend done I tried to cut a shoe its she likes ruby shoes wizard of Oz a large die and couldnt get that to work
    So I added gold butterflies to a card I had made already with very speacil friend I will take a phto do it now before it in the envelope