With A Name Like UKScrappers, It Has To Be Good.

June Wk3 challenge

by thriftycrafter

June house challenge

by elainevking

Twisted scraplift no. 4

by elainevking

Putney

by PinkSparklyScrapper

June week 3

by elainevking

Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Photography Forum

Notices

Graphtec UK banner

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Love your garden Elaine. I've not really done much to mine since I moved in but at the moment I've got a chap putting my fence at the back of the property, can't wait till it's finished then I'll have some privacy. I am going to do a lot of work on it once the fence is done.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Your garden looks lovely Elaine, love the shape of your tree.

When we were living at dad's to care for him, the next door neighbour told us if we ever wanted anyone to walk the dog, they'd be happy to help. It was such a thoughtful gesture even though Trudy was happier just being with the family.

I suppose this is why we have neighbours who we look after now, because this is how we were all brought up back in the day. Your elderly neighbour could ask you to run to the shops for them and you told your mum and just did it. Where we live, because there are only a few houses there is the tendency to help each other, I like to think it still goes on and won't die out in the future. I remember living on a new estate years ago and didn't know a single neighbour, it was awful. We're all going to need help at some point in the future, we all get old but when we were young we were taught to respect our elders, I wonder if it is still the same. I know, you're all thinking oh here she goes..

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    Lol. I can only hope youíre right Susie but from what Iíve seen of society today it seems as though no one has the time for others.
    Iíve been scrapping this afternoon (while the footie was on...which I 'allowed' DH to watch! Lol) and I was practicing my watercolour this morning . Itís a bit too hot to garden so Iíll wait until it cools down a bit before doing the deadheading etc. I managed Deniseís weekly too. I may even tackle a scraplift now...
    SCRAP HAPPY TEAM MEMBER My Blog
    Christmas stocking swap:ATCMixed Media Swap: Christmas Advent Swap
    Joint Hse leader

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I've just seen your LO it is beautiful. Since I am upstairs a lot staring at photo's, my beloved is having a field day with the football. I must admit even I watched a little bit of the England match and was staggered at the cheating by Panama.

Maybe we are a dying breed Elaine, but it was thanks to our parents and their attitude to others that gave us the standards we have. So, although there are lots of not very nice people around, whilst we have you and the other ladies on here who have taught their children well, then they go on to teach their children we can only hope that caring for others, doesn't die out. It's Sunday, that's the sermon over.

Ellie, if it's not an epistle it's a sermon right?

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Already my middle border is filling out and hopefully the Jasmine will still be flowering next month Mary.

P1070890.png

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    What a beautiful border. I love all white..like at Sissinghurst.
    Do you have all hard landscaping and full borders or is that a bit of your patio.
    I wish others had been bought up our standards Susie. The biggest problem is the expectancy of entitlement!
    SCRAP HAPPY TEAM MEMBER My Blog
    Christmas stocking swap:ATCMixed Media Swap: Christmas Advent Swap
    Joint Hse leader

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (90)
    Love the white Susie
    Your garden with swing looks lovely midsummer Elaine
    No the donkeys see food arent bothered who feeds them but they have such a quiet lifestyle here that any little thing out of place they notice
    When we feed them it's one place our side on the mornings and next door plot we rent on a night so they get a change around They have to come through two little gates and they always walk through in the same order Sebastian is always 1st although he is the youngest he is the male so takes the lead next comes his mum then Ebony followed by her mum Granny
    They are all related and a real family group always together
    Yes its nice to help the neighbours and vice versa we lived when young like that its true
    here we dont have neighbours around too near our least neighbours dont live here all the time but we help and watch out for them
    We like to help in the community thats what makes it nice
    Chinese whisper cj 2017

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks Elaine and Denise, I just decided to try it this year and I'm looking forward to the white lobelia coming into full flower and the begonias to get bigger. The front garden is hard landscaped but the back has lawn albeit not much. First we added a conservatory so that pinched some garden, then decking, then a little bit of paving and hey ho our lawn is now tiny. In some way we wish we had a much bigger garden to grow the fruit and salad stuff in the summer but then as we get older, how much longer will we be able to keep on doing it, especially as we have other neighbour's gardens to do.

Here's a photo of when it was first done and can you imagine how long it took the poor guy doing the border to get it to my exact specification with the flow of the border. Goes to show despite my scrapbook LO's, not everything is in straight lines rounder here.

P1030985.png

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Being a mid-terrace our house takes all the water from our neighbour's garden into our grid so when it rained heavily our garden was getting flooded. So we changed the style and the guy who did it had to ensure that it took the water from our neighbour's garden into the grid but then our rain water had to run away. It was such a tricky job but he was such a perfectionist so he didn't mind spending days just getting the flow and the run of the borders just right for me.

P1030976.png P1030989.png

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I also had to choose the right flags for the job which would work for both houses as my neighbour has a sunburst in his garden and the best tip I was given was to throw water on the paving to see how it looks in the rain. This looks great when it's wet. I'll show you a photo of my neighbour's sunburst from the bedroom window.

P1050738.png

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Wrong photo, that's it now all overgrown which hubby and I have to tackle yet. You can see how much it has grown.

DSCF0025.png

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Meant to say Denise, I love the thought of the donkeys going to be fed in order. Only you two would know all their funny little quirks and how they like things done, that's why it is so hard to get away because who else would understand their routine as you do.

+ Post New Thread
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536