Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Norfolk - just at the end of the yellow brick road
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Silhouette V4.2 due in August

According to the Silhouette School site V4.2 of Studio should launch in August. On the School site Melissa talks about the new features which that update will bring, like font creation and library overhaul - just two of the eleven items she lists, although not all new features will be applicable to every edition of the software, but she covers this too. I hope there are not too many bugs in the update, I'm guessing it may be Beta to start with but I must admit I haven't read the full details yet. Shirley Anne may know about it as she is, I think, on the beta testing panel. There is also news of new products, no new machines but it looks like the C3 will have a glitter version (I do have to ask why!??) and some pink stuff - toolkit and covers - if you like pink; there is mention of a new craft blade (apparently suitable for thicker and denser materials) and even a 3d printer as well.

Just thought I'd give a heads up on it so you can go read about it if you want to. Sorry,no link to the School site but it's easy to find.

Andi

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Thank you Andi

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    Apparently the Beta Testing Team have the software updates and are testing already.
    Best Wishes
    Tootsie (Diane)

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Yes Andi I now have the closed beta and had a little play yesterday. Some nice features but haven’t had time to try them all out yet, am a bit short of time as am getting ready for going on holiday on Tuesday. It may be a little while before it is in open beta as they have made changes to the Library structure and it is very, very sluggish syncing. I have lost my local library and the import from back up doesn’t work for me at the mo. Some people are experiencing a lot of crashes so very much a work in progress. Will keep you posted.

Norfolk - just at the end of the yellow brick road
    View Gallery

Thanks for the comments folks, the changes Melissa hints at look interesting but I'm sure the bugs will have everyone pulling their hair out!! The additions to the machines really are just totally cosmetic, which is a shame as it appears from info I found (also on the School site) that they are/were looking at the possibility of introducing a machine with a wider cutting area aimed mainly at those who design for vinyl and cut it regularly - although that isn't me to be honest. I'm sure there will be people who will desperately want a glitter version but that won't be me either, and the pink goodies, which will have some drooling in anticipation I don't doubt, won't be on my Christmas list. I still live in hope of a machine with the cutting force of something like the Pazzles, although Brian explained ages ago that the necessary redesign to reinforce such a machine probably means it will never happen. Such a shame - I value very highly the support we get from Graphtec here in the UK, it is worth it's weight in gold, Brian's patience is fantastic and the customer service is second to none as far as I'm concerned (no I don't own the company).

Andi

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by AndiDee View Post
    Thanks for the comments folks, the changes Melissa hints at look interesting but I'm sure the bugs will have everyone pulling their hair out!! The additions to the machines really are just totally cosmetic, which is a shame as it appears from info I found (also on the School site) that they are/were looking at the possibility of introducing a machine with a wider cutting area aimed mainly at those who design for vinyl and cut it regularly - although that isn't me to be honest. I'm sure there will be people who will desperately want a glitter version but that won't be me either, and the pink goodies, which will have some drooling in anticipation I don't doubt, won't be on my Christmas list. I still live in hope of a machine with the cutting force of something like the Pazzles, although Brian explained ages ago that the necessary redesign to reinforce such a machine probably means it will never happen. Such a shame - I value very highly the support we get from Graphtec here in the UK, it is worth it's weight in gold, Brian's patience is fantastic and the customer service is second to none as far as I'm concerned (no I don't own the company).

Andi
    Couldn't agree more with all you've said Andi

View Gallery

I've just had a look at what will be new and though I like them all the best one in my opinion is the thumbnail preview of the image, been wanting that since the Craftrobo software was replaced by Studio. I'm not sure which versions it will be available in but I have the Business Edition so I'm assuming it will be in that

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (21)
    I whole heartedly agree with the comments about Graphtec and Brian, in fact all the staff are so helpful. I always save a jpeg snip of all designs and always save them to my hard drive and an external drive with the same name so can see the designs quickly. Will look forward to following the comments on the new software but can't see me updating that soon, will wait for all the bugs to be ironed out! When it isn't broke I'm not going to fix it!
    My Blog 365 Blog Hedgie's Blog

SeptemberTotal=Wk1=Wk2=Wk3=Wk4=Wk5=Challenge Wk1=Wk2=Wk3=Wk4=Wk5=House challenge=Mini book=CJ=Album=

View Gallery

I'm not sure all the bugs will ever be being out when you consider how many updates there have been. Admittedly some are for addition options but the majority aren't

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by knitkath View Post
    I whole heartedly agree with the comments about Graphtec and Brian, in fact all the staff are so helpful. I always save a jpeg snip of all designs and always save them to my hard drive and an external drive with the same name so can see the designs quickly. Will look forward to following the comments on the new software but can't see me updating that soon, will wait for all the bugs to be ironed out! When it isn't broke I'm not going to fix it!
    I save a jpg too have done for a very long time but with the preview option coming to some versions that wont be needed so will use less space

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I have had a play with the closed Beta 4.2. This new version does have many new features but there are bugs in the new version as you would expect with the addition of new features. I can confirm that the testers are working tirelessly to identify and report the bugs to the design team and are currently doing this.

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Re the thumbnails, they only show for V3 files but that is better than nothing. I am liking the word art too but not had time to play much due to getting ready for my hols. Will give it a good work out when I get back.