Twisted scraplift 2

by elainevking

crafting chaos

by bramblepie

Not far enough

by scrapdolly

May week2

by elainevking

Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Photography Forum

Notices

Graphtec UK banner

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (90)
    Wacky races
    I love those bottles Mary
    Elderly parents such a worry I would have my parents back tomorrow but to see them ill and you never feel can do enough its so upsetting
    Chinese whisper cj 2017

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 669 Posts
    I would have loved to see that Susie. Happy memories for you.
    Ellie

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Ellie, it was wonderful to see dad having such a great time with hubby. Dad called him his 'Big Mate' and Trudy the dog his "Little Mate.'

View Gallery

Aww that’s lovely
    Ellie.

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    Lol..Susie I do that with my Mum..I whizz her round in her wheelchair from time to time..she loves it..and I do the same with Miss A in a shopping trolley..she giggles and giggles.
    That’s for the sound advice. It’s all very helpful. I haven’t been through this before
    SCRAP HAPPY TEAM MEMBER My Blog
    Christmas stocking swap:ATCMixed Media Swap: Christmas Advent Swap
    Joint Hse leader

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

We need a photo of Miss A in the trolley, I can just imagine a lot of giggles and there you are, you've already found one way of having fun moments with your mum as well, whizzing round the supermarket. Mind you, it's probably very tiring for you. Essentially we're all in the same boat Elaine, none of us have been through it, until we have to go through it and it's such a learning curve. You can only try out things and see which works best for your mum, you know her and her moods better than anyone. It's probably their revenge for how we all were as kiddies and growing up. Keep up the good work.

View Gallery

I tried whizzing round a supermarket with Paul in his wheelchair to try and cheer him up once - he was sick everywhere. I think it was because of his left-side blindness because he was always sick when I took him out in the car towards the end for the same reason.

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    Aww..what a shame... at least you tried and he would have appreciated the gesture.
    I only mentioned that I haven’t been though this before because my Dad died when he was 51! I still miss him even though I was only 18 when he passed.
    Misty this morning..hope it burns off so I can get outside for a while later. I avoided the sun yesterday but I bought some books yesterday and I’m hoping to find a shady spot to have a read later.
    SCRAP HAPPY TEAM MEMBER My Blog
    Christmas stocking swap:ATCMixed Media Swap: Christmas Advent Swap
    Joint Hse leader

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Mum and I used to have a laugh in the wheelchair sometimes, we didn’t do much whizzing, it was usually crashing or tackling wonky pavements ! She did appreciate the ‘escapes’ from the nursing home though.
    I still feel guilty that we couldn’t keep Mum at home but with us being spread around the country and her being in a different health authority it was a nightmare trying to sort stuff, and it wasn’t fully my decision, and she did really want to stay near her friends so a home was the best option although she so hated losing her independence and being there. As Chris Evans said about his Mums death, she needed and deserved to be at peace
    Thinking of you Elaine, make the most of the time with her, I’m sure she does appreciate all you do xx
    Alison

SNAP 2018

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (90)
    All the whizzing around the supermarket brings back memories after my knee op's DH would take me on an outing to Asda and I got whizzed around in a wheelchair
    With your leg stuck out in a cast I often screamed if went up or down a slope and had to keep a look out no one walked into my leg my nerves where on edge couldnt see the products on the shelves so low down I am small anyway so never reach the top shelf but from a sitting position the supermarket is a different place
    Chinese whisper cj 2017

View Gallery

Circles in nature
    Some rounds of wood my DH has in the garage, ready to “ make things with “ on his lathe.
    At the moment he’s making a pair of floor lamps for DD1. More sawdust !!!!
    Ellie
    7EB2B5F2-A5B0-43D9-8F88-D10D2175263D.jpeg
    I think these are Beech.

12. The Following Users Like This Post

Susie.A (Today)

View Gallery

A bit quiet on here today. Is everyone enjoying the sunshine?
    Ellie

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I hope your hubby is sensible and wears a mask Ellie, don't want all that sawdust in his lungs. I love the wood and all those pretty pots (blue included) it looks very Mediterranean Ellie.

These stories about escapades in wheelchairs are lovely except for yours of course Sheila, what a shame Paul couldn't enjoy it.

I agree with what Chris Evans said, I used to pray that mum would just go in her sleep, her last years with Alzheimer's were literally a living hell and to watch someone you love go through that makes you feels so helpless. Then to be told the reason she lasted so long was because of all the loving care she received at home made us feel terrible, as if by looking after her so well we'd prolonged her agony. There is no good way of looking at this.

My brother-in-law has just been on the phone and hubby was telling him about your mum discharging herself Elaine. He is the one who is just getting over pneumonia as is his mum who is 86. He was horrified and said "Tell her to behave herself." So she's had her orders now.

That is sad to lose your dad so young Elaine. Hubby's dad died when he (hubby obviously) was 21 and then I think he was about 26 when his mum died. He went to pick her up to take her to the doctor's and found her dead in bed. She'd died from an aortic aneurysm and only 5% of women die from this - 95% of the time it is men. My brother-in-law turned 65 and was offered the triple A check which my hubby had missed because this test was brought out after he'd turned 65.

For those of you who don't know, it is a scan of the aorta for men over 65 because they are the ones who are at risk. With hubby's mum having died from this, I rang the screening programme and asked if he could be tested, he was 70 at the time and they said he could. I explained about his mum and they agreed he should be tested but any man can be so if any of your OH's haven't been tested get them along. He was scanned and they said everything was absolutely fine, no signs of any weakness in the aorta and if it hasn't started to happen by his age, it never will. So that's another tick on his list of tests. He's just been asked to go for a shingles vaccinination now. It's all go! Got to keep him going as long as possible, he does have his uses.

Denise, I'd have been terrified if I were you, in case he bashed my leg into a display and knowing my hubby it's a distinct possibility.

I got confused because Mary you're back in the April thread and I couldn't understand why the posts had all changed.

Off to check who has been up to what on the challenge and then out to do some more planting up, I hope you're have a restful time reading in the garden Elaine in that shady spot. That sounds like utter bliss to me.

+ Post New Thread
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324